Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously???

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Seriously???

My older Basset will pee from excitement. She has always done it but ONLY when our one friend visits. He is like a mini dog whisperer. He has 3 BIG dogs and he loves Lucy and spends the whole time cuddling and playing with her.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

How old is this pup? Like a baby right? If so, too young to be putting a dominance program together. I suspect over excitement. Regulate the use of "excited puppy talk" and anything else that gets him whacked out. Bo gets humpy when he gets over excited. Regulate excitement; problem solved. The key for Bo is getting "ahead" of him and nipping in the bud. It just means that I have to be very observant when he and Bea are playing at the off leash area.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

How old is this pup? Like a baby right? If so, too young to be putting a dominance program together. I suspect over excitement. Regulate the use of "excited puppy talk" and anything else that gets him whacked out. Bo gets humpy when he gets over excited. Regulate excitement; problem solved. The key for Bo is getting "ahead" of him and nipping in the bud. It just means that I have to be very observant when he and Bea are playing at the off leash area.

@Sherry is right. If this genuinely is a dominance thing, google that Nothing In Life Is Free and stick like glue to the principles. And you will thank her later.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

The nipping totally sounds like a puppy thing to me as well. We had to do a lot of redirection with toys when Bacon was smaller to be able to walk around without losing a toe. As far as the urinating goes, how old is your puppy? Is he also humping your husband, ie trying to assert his dominance over him?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    The nipping totally sounds like a puppy thing to me as well. We had to do a lot of redirection with toys when Bacon was smaller to be able to walk around without losing a toe. As far as the urinating goes, how old is your puppy? Is he also humping your husband, ie trying to assert his dominance over him?
    No, we haven't seen any humping at all out of him. He does like to charge into the side of our Cavalier and bite her tail and ears. He also loves to put his weight on her and us...laying on our feet, etc. His biting is getting a little better. When he does bite now, it seems that he tries to be gentle about it. He hasn't peed on anyone else, but my husband refuses to hold him now. lol He prefers to sit on the floor next to him so he doesn't have the opportunity. I have held him some since though and he hasn't peed on me. He's just the cutest little thing and our neighbors always come to play with him when they see him outside. They have even offered to watch him if we leave town. (They have a bulldog, their 2nd). He's quite popular around here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads