Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!! We are getting very frustrated!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help!! We are getting very frustrated!

@JAKEISGREAT is right. I used the tethering with my Basset when she was a puppy and it worked really well. I actually tied the leash to my belt loops and whenever she would sniff around, I would take her out and use TONS of praise.

@Davidh is right as well, yelling too loud will just scare your pup. I actually use a gravelly sound with my voice that gets their attention. Even my husband thinks he did something wrong when I make that sound!

Just be consistent and this will all pass! Puppies...so frustrating...that is why they are so CUTE! It keeps them alive haha. (j/k of course)

My bullies were litter trained when I brought them home (in the middle of winter!) so if I didn't take them out on time, they went in the litter box.

Real Name
    Cyndi and Steve
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ (English), CeCe (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help!! We are getting very frustrated!

My problem is that I live in Florida and right now we have daily horrible thunderstorms with terrential rain. Of course I take out my puppy very often but he still needs to go when the thunderstorm hits. Today he actually went under the dining room table and peed!!! I was shocked because if he did have an accident, he wouldn't hide. I have never scolded him BTW. I actually put a pee pee pad by the front door just for these rainy occasions. So my question is, if he is so smart to be able to tell me he has to go out (which he does by going to the front door), why did he potty under the table???? Help!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

sound like he is afraid of the storm. I would get a thunder shirt or a childs t-shirt that is snug but not too tight and see how he does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads