General Question humping

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So my tank who is 16 months old and nly 2 months old in my home isnt neutered, Are there any members that can tell me or advise me on how or if i can take him to doggy park....we tried once and he was good for most part....then started mounting for dominanace. is this something he can be trained out of or is a neuter the only answer?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Neutering will help lessen it, but he can be trained not to do so. I worked at a daycare for a few years and we managed it with a water spray bottle with a firm no.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Neutering may help some, but I've seem males that are neutered and they hump more than my Buddy Boy who is still intact. Training does help, but there are some that will do it regardless, even females. But if you are not breeding it's always a good idea to neuter and spay your animals. At 16 to 18 months is a good age to neuter a bully.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Neutering will help lessen it, but he can be trained not to do so. I worked at a daycare for a few years and we managed it with a water spray bottle with a firm no.

Maybe all the kids Fathers were just excited to see you????????

ROFLMAO

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION]..., ROFLMBO... Yeah mayb thats it lol.. U saying I look like a dog lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo's humping is caused by over-excitement. This occurs rarely anymore because I can see the signs and he doesn't get to "go there".

The one thing that gets him headed straight for the precipice of over-excitability is this: when new people talk to him and pet him while using that high baby talk voice. It's like his brain goes "ZOINK". We keep our "visits" with these folks brief, needless to say. Yesterday, we were on our morning walk and here's a gal we've never met, comes squealing off her porch, down her driveway because she "omg omg omg looovvveees bulldogs". She immediately got down on the cement so he could lick her face to a pulp while she showered him with scratches and baby talk. Yikes. It was no time and he was headed right for the edge....we had to excuse ourselves....LOL

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: it all depends you can train him not to but some do it if their neutered or not I would take him around Alot of dogs so he gets used to all the excitement an plus so he doesn't get dog aggressive if he doesn't get neutered. It's better for him to be around other males when he's young so he doesn't grow up to hate them. My male that just passed did not like other males. He didn't mind males smaller than him. Good luck

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.