General Question Humping for dominance

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Okay, so one of my best friends is in town visiting and she brought her dog.

Wonderful! I've been wanting to see how Pan would react to having another dog in the house.

They sniffed, perfect, then Pan tried to hump him.

They are both intact males, so I know it a dominance issue.

How do I get him to stop. We actually left to go grab dinner and put Pan's crate up just to keep the other dog "pure" while we were out.

We pull Pan off of him, tell him no :nonono: bad dog, send him to his bed, but when he is allowed out of time out he does it again.

Any suggestions?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo will hump when he gets over excited. This is easy to manage - I just don't let him get koo koo excited.

When he has done this, I simply disagree with the behavior the MOMENT it's happening - he stops -- and then we both let it go.

Try introducing a new dog in neutral territory and see if that helps Pan....?

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Whenever introducing new dogs whether it be for the day or otherwise always let them meet on neutral terriortory like a walk in the park or just off your property. Then bring them in the house together. But now that the problem is there you just need to stop them each time it happens with the same reprimand each time. Sooner or later it should stop. I had a 10 week old puppy given back to me because she couldn't get him to stop humping his sister. LOL Good luck and remember next time neutral territory first.
Roanne

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As others have said... neutral territory for introductions next time. Water spray bottle always helps with Banks when she humps out of excitment

OP
PeterPanAndWendy

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I knew not to introduce them in the house, so we let them meet in the yard... *sigh*... off property, who would of guessed.

We pull him off when we see it, and tell him no, but man is re relentless.

Time to pull out that spray bottle... lol

I will say they were playing nice together this morning. Their dog is quick to jump away from Pan now.

FYI, bullies don't have nearly the running stamina of other breeds.... Pan is to whipped to party now... :blush2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.