General Question bullies with pups

Amanda Gervais

Jul 22, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
i was curious as to how these guys handle being around pups that arent theirs. diesel is gona be 7 here soon and we've been looking into getting an old english mastiff pup with the hopes that diesel can help us train it. we are looking at getting breeding rights on a male as well, but diesel is fixed. will that cause some dominance issues?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Amanda..this is a great question. I'll tag a couple people who might be able to help you.

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]....[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most adult bullies will tolerate a pup very well. They know they are just babies. As far as the two males together, it can be a big problem especially if on is still intact. So be careful there. If both are neutered then you have a better chance if they grow up together.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My older adult male is bigger then the rest, he has American in him. He is 8 they get along well for the most part. when he's had enough, he lets them know and then they back off. Yes Adults teach the young ones about going outside and how to behave. I have put away all the crates already. My 3 youngest are very well behaved, they will be 2 on Nov. 30 My males are buddy's the youngest one just loves Jack, the 8 year old.

In your situation, your puppy that you are getting will take about a year or a bet longer to become sexually mature. And then your poor ole little EB boy will probably so tired of him........?????? I'm not definite on this, because personality's are different in all, just like us peeps.
It could be hard on the ole boy. :wallbang:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online