General Question Is it normal for fixed dogs to try and hump?!?!?!?!?!?!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin's 14 weeks and he humps my female already it's crazy how at such a young age they know what to do

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
All you can do is continue to watch to get ahead of it --- if possible -- and disagree with the behavior - both then and when it happens. I think what you have here is two VERY high energy dogs and they probably feed off each other in that way. You've got your work cut out for you. ha ha ha

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I'm glad to read the poll... seems to be it's normal. Hank is a 4 year old bulldog my friend has, but he is not fixed ...yet. We have put some of his swimmers in a sperm bank, to continue his line. He will actually go after Clifford the cat, and they have been caught many times coming out of the closet together..so to speak:nonono: The cat doesn't seem to mind...I'm just sayin..:ROFL: (Shawshank Redemption) But Tucker is 8 years old neutered, and does get excited but wont hump. During play time is when they seem to get excited. Gunner seems to want to lung at me if I play to much & get him too excited, so I have to keep them all relaxed and behaved..:mansfriend:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: My female grace used to hump my male that just passed away she was sooo in love with him. Would lick him from head to toe for hours it was so annoying. But I miss it now an she does too. hopefully she's going to be that way with franklin the love part not the humping. Lol

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, normal? Um, NO but common, YES. lol.

Gypsy humps Lucy all the time and tries to do it to me but I correct her and she stops. She is not spayed (though will be VERY soon!).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is about dominance ...not normal but does happen a lot

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It is about dominance ...not normal but does happen a lot

See in thus case i am not sure it us dominance as much as just having fun. :lol: we have 4 weeks left of no play so i am hoping that pent up energy will be gone or mellowed once they can play and run again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online