Other Watching my pup 24x7

salukutinaveen

Jul 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paaro
HI all ! This forum has been really helpful to me whenever i needed help. So i taught i will share how i monitor my baby girl when not at home. Right now i am staying alone and go to work from 9-5. Since my work place is not too far away from home, i have an option to go and take her out for potty every 2 hours and give her food. But if you want to see how she's acting when you are not around, there is a very good app "Ustream" for iphone. You can stream all what she is doing LIVE on your mobile by using your ipad camera or any device which has a camera and ustream app (MAC book etc). This way you will know when she is peeing, how long can she hold etc.. You need to download the app on your iphone and ipad which is free. Open a account on your pups name :) and broadcast it live, search for the username you used for your pup and search it on your phone, and watch it LIVE.

Hope this helps..

Ask me any questions if you have..

Thanks,
Naveen.

OP
S

salukutinaveen

Jul 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paaro
Yep ! they do have it for andriod too !

If you miss the live you can save the recording and watch it later !

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I choose to go with a home monitoring system by http://www.vuezone.com/. I have two cameras and four mounts. The You can move the cameras around to anywhere as they attach to the mounts by using a magnet built inside. It’s an awesome system. I view them whenever I want on my iphone. Vue Zone doesn’t have an app for the iPad yet but I understand they’re working on it. I told @BrooklynStar about it for his bully and he got a Vue Zone system too and really likes it. They have a few different systems with varying price ranges and if you wait they usually have a sale. If you want a sale price I recommend watching their site and buying from their site. If you buy from Amazon, etc. like I did and the unit goes on sale for a $100 cheaper 10 days later, you’re out of luck. That happened to me but I was ok with it. I also also snap a pic or set to record.

Watching both Wilson and Emma as they were puppies really gave me a good heads up on what they needed or didn’t need in the way of toys, how their potty cycles were going when they were potty training, etc. It’s great!!!

Last edited:

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I choose to go with a home monitoring system by http://www.vuezone.com/. I have two cameras and four mounts. The You can move the cameras around to anywhere as they attach to the mounts by using a magnet built inside. It’s an awesome system. I view them whenever I want on my iphone. Vue Zone doesn’t have an app for the iPad yet but I understand they’re working on it. I told @BrooklynStar about it for his bully and he got a Vue Zone system too and really likes it. They have a few different systems with varying price ranges and if you wait they usually have a sale. If you want a sale price I recommend watching their site and buying from their site. If you buy from Amazon, etc. like I did and the unit goes on sale for a $100 cheaper 10 days later, you’re out of luck. That happened to me but I was ok with it. I also also snap a pic or set to record.
Watching both Wilson and Emma as they were puppies really gave me a good heads up on what they needed or didn’t need in the way of toys, how their potty cycles were going when they were potty training, etc. It’s great!!!

Hello! I'm considering buying this product for my new puppy :) I've been reading reviews, mostly good but I did have a question for you. It says there must be adequate light for the camera to work, do you know if this is true? Tuni is in her cage w/ a blanket over the top and we keep the blinds closed for the most part so it's cozy for her. Also, I'm not really sure what the difference is between the indoor and motion camera. Thought I would ask you before we made the investment!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello! I'm considering buying this product for my new puppy :) I've been reading reviews, mostly good but I did have a question for you. It says there must be adequate light for the camera to work, do you know if this is true? Tuni is in her cage w/ a blanket over the top and we keep the blinds closed for the most part so it's cozy for her. Also, I'm not really sure what the difference is between the indoor and motion camera. Thought I would ask you before we made the investment!
That is correct. My blinds are closed too and you can see in low light but not darkness. The indoor motion camera is pretty neat because you can hit the video button in the app and actually take a video of them. You can also set it up to start recorded as soon as there's any movement, like if you're gone. I'll snap a picture for you either later today or tomorrow of a lower light picture. :up:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Just took this, typical low light photo.n this is one of our darker rooms too.

01A604B1-6D1F-463C-A8CA-488A214BB99C-7778-0000067B1E85318C.jpg

Last edited:

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Just took this, typical low photo.

01A604B1-6D1F-463C-A8CA-488A214BB99C-7778-0000067B1E85318C.jpg

That's awesome! Thank you so much! I was thinking of just putting the camera right in front of her crate since that's the only area I really need. Do you know which camera I would want....indoor or motion? The basic package comes with one motion camera...I didn't know if I needed the indoor though.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
VERY cool options! I am now staying at home so I can view them in person but if I go back to work, these are awesome solutions!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's awesome! Thank you so much! I was thinking of just putting the camera right in front of her crate since that's the only area I really need. Do you know which camera I would want....indoor or motion? The basic package comes with one motion camera...I didn't know if I needed the indoor though.
Let me look a bit later today for you - I'm at wk now and just sneaking in. :whistle:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online