Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think i am loosing it :(

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think i am loosing it :(

My trainer suggested to rub BAN deoderant on your hands they dont like the taste of it.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When pups are with their littermates they bite and bite each other to insane levels. What stops them is when the puppy yelps and has had enough. So watching them play I have learned to use the same method when I hold them. I do let them chew a bit, and when they bite too hard I yelp. Most of them will stop, it really depends on the pup. They don't want to hurt you, because they love you. If I yelp and then push them away, give them something they CAN chew on, and they get the picture pretty quick. Some are fast learners, it only takes one time. Others take many of this repeat process until they get it.

With all the suggested methods above, consistency is the key.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paaro
    Likes (Received)

Thanks a lot for all the responses. I will be patient .. @JAKEISGREAT she is not able hold it for more than 1.5 hours sometimes.. you think thats a problem ?

Naveen.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Well..the rule of thumb is an hour for each month plus an hour! So a 2 month old pup should be able to hold it for 2 hours plus an hour. This guide was great for Jake..I'm sure there are exceptions. If you let her out after eating and drinking..and she goes in her crate with an empty bladder, I think she should be ok or 2... Really 3 hours. usually the signs of a UTI or bladder infection, are very frequent urination with not much coming out...I don't think she has those symptoms right? I do think they will get very used to going out every 2 hours and not hold it much past that.

@salukutinaveen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paaro
    Likes (Received)

Actually when i take her outside for potty she goes like 3 times .. the first time she does good but the next how many ever times she goes she urintaes in very less quantities ..so i am noot sure .. is there a way a DR can check and see if there is UTI ?coz i have to get her shots this wknd anyway ..

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by salukutinaveen View Post
    Actually when i take her outside for potty she goes like 3 times .. the first time she does good but the next how many ever times she goes she urintaes in very less quantities ..so i am noot sure .. is there a way a DR can check and see if there is UTI ?coz i have to get her shots this wknd anyway ..
    Sure! The vet can check..but I'm thinking Jake did that too..but not every time. It wouldn't hurt to mention it to her vet. I know females are prone to infections because they squat in their own urine..so maybe?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paaro
    Likes (Received)

Ohhhh ! she does that a lot ! .. i keep pushing her every time she does that ! .. but thanks for the info .. i will keep you all posted !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads