Thread: I love you all but you're driving me CRAZY with this behavior stuff

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I love you all but you're driving me CRAZY with this behavior stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Handiangie View Post
    Call me silly, but what is U of P?
    i dunno i always think of the university of pittsburgh when i see that.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texkota View Post
    Now everyone knows what happened to my pants. Buah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah
    Yeah, you left them on a chair behind you.....
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    @JeannieCO...wonderful, wonderful post! Appreciate your honesty...great for all of our continuing education in
    'speaking animal'. Will share one of my wake up calls-30 years ago, raising ChowChows-the 'old type' like Martha
    Stewart's- BIG dogs, tall, heavy boned, stocky beauties...our stud was a wonderful and beautiful black Chow...
    Big Mack. One day, he had done something, can't even remember what and I'd come home from work, tired and
    bitchy and started in on him and wasn't realizing I'd backed him up in a corner. Ragging on him, I suddenly 'caught'
    a certain look in his eye...a warning...and instantly knew I'd gone too far! Shamefaced, I dropped my scolding
    finger, lowered my voice, backed out of his personal space and offered my contrite apologies to him. Great & noble
    dog he was, he graciously accepted and we went on from there-a lesson I've never forgotten and taught well by him.

As another wonderful post here stated, humans & animals alike, we are always individuals, therefore unique & different!
    I would like to hope that anyone reading the various methods offered up to questions asking for help, would understand
    that LOVE, KINDNESS, COMPASSION & RESPECT are inherently and obviously used in any method of training and even
    more so when reprimanding.

I did suggest using the ALPHA submission hold to one of the post and thinking about it later, regretted that answer. For
    all the reasons that Jennifer brought up in her brave and excellent post, it can be hurtful, harmful, dangerous & deadly if
    it goes badly. It bothered me and I did not repost with my reconsidered answer and I'd like to 'Thank You, Jennifer' for
    your excellent advice and for starting a wonderful conversation & excellent advice and wisdom from all here. Texas Carol
    Thanks @Texas Carol. I see you did the same thing I did. A lessoned learned for both of us that had a good outcome that could have been very bad. Makes you wonder when you see these stories on TV about how the dog attacked the owner what really happened.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

This thread REALLY helped me a lot, thank you Dozersmom for posting - I havent been on here for awhile but just last night Otis was biting and being agressive toward me so I resulted to pin him to calm and immediately I felt "this could go bad" and stopped. I will NEVER try that method again and have made an appointment for tomorrow to see our trainer to learn better techniques to curb his biting.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@JeannieCO You may enjoy this
    Well as long as we are sharing stories I have one you all have to hear. When I managed the daycare my bf would occasionally Come in and hang out . When we first met he was terrified of dogs, HE was attacked by a dog at age 5. I convinced him to start slow and just meet a few of the dogs we had there. He really started to enjoy it I think. He even agreed to let me get a puppy , that's when I brought Dozer home. He would often come in watch the group play through the windows and ask me ?? He noticed that some of my bossy male dogs often attempted to mount each other. I explained all the reasons dogs mount, play, excitement, dominance, ect ect and didn't think much of it. He seemed content with my answer as He didn't really ask anything else about it. Fast forward a couple of weeks. I was at home in the shower, and I hear this god aweful puppy screaming noise. My heart jump in my throat and I start to panic.Thinking my Dozer was in serious trouble, I jump out of the shower with a head full of shampoo suds , grab a towel and fling open the door. What do I see when I open it? My 6ft 200 lb boyfriend on all fours on the floor thrusting his pelvis in an awkward back and fourth motion. Underneath him is my tiny 12 week old puppy with the most confused and horrified look on his face I have ever seen on any dog. I yell "what the hell are you doing" Trying to hold my towel up keep soap out of my eyes and not pee my non existant pants from laughter. The bf explained that Dozer tried humping him and he figured he would stop it by showing him who it the boss like the other dogs at my work do
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    Well as long as we are sharing stories I have one you all have to hear. When I managed the daycare my bf would occasionally Come in and hang out . When we first met he was terrified of dogs, HE was attacked by a dog at age 5. I convinced him to start slow and just meet a few of the dogs we had there. He really started to enjoy it I think. He even agreed to let me get a puppy , that's when I brought Dozer home. He would often come in watch the group play through the windows and ask me ?? He noticed that some of my bossy male dogs often attempted to mount each other. I explained all the reasons dogs mount, play, excitement, dominance, ect ect and didn't think much of it. He seemed content with my answer as He didn't really ask anything else about it. Fast forward a couple of weeks. I was at home in the shower, and I hear this god aweful puppy screaming noise. My heart jump in my throat and I start to panic.Thinking my Dozer was in serious trouble, I jump out of the shower with a head full of shampoo suds , grab a towel and fling open the door. What do I see when I open it? My 6ft 200 lb boyfriend on all fours on the floor thrusting his pelvis in an awkward back and fourth motion. Underneath him is my tiny 12 week old puppy with the most confused and horrified look on his face I have ever seen on any dog. I yell "what the hell are you doing" Trying to hold my towel up keep soap out of my eyes and not pee my non existant pants from laughter. The bf explained that Dozer tried humping him and he figured he would stop it by showing him who it the boss like the other dogs at my work do
    Dozer must have been scarred from that. No video eh? Omg funny!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I guess your bf is a fast learner!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    OMG I just spit out my coffee!!!

I am willing to bet he has no idea you just shared that with us!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@dessertskybulldogs :shhhh:
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@dozersmama, OMG you left me speachless and laughing! What a visual that was.... Sounds like something my hubby would do....

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Funny, but I totally understand the logic

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@dozersmama.......True story, When Vegas was between the age of 1 and 2 he was a baaaaad humper (still has his moments with company) Joe was on the floor playing with Vegas and Vegas started humping Joe from behind. Joe did the same thing!!! He spun around and grabbed Vegas and started humping him and saying "How do YOU like it!!" I was shocked as I was watching then I rolled laughing. Vegas just got more excited minus the humping, he thought it was great play.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads