LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
:p

Well I guess I'm in the clear then

PS

Lets all try to keep in mind that there are professionals all around the world that use these to train dogs every day. It's currently one of the most effective/consistent method of training, and it's becoming the most popular. Do you really think that they would advocate something that would ruin the overall behavioral health of any dog that they train? They run a business training dogs so why would they use something that would cause any kind of harm to them? That would ruin their business. Another thing all you skeptics should do before judging it is go watch some videos of the dogs that serve our country/community. Most of them were trained via e-collar/prong and are very impressive dogs. Not only are they smart but they display a positive disposition and show no signs of discomfort/resentment during their exercise. And most of them don't need it once they are trained. So c'mon guys and lighten up a bit and try to let go that they aren't babies, or human for that matter. When we treat them like babies is when you run into trouble...

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just a gentle reminder to keep this thread civilized. Everyone is entited to their own training techniques whether we agree with it or not and it's good to hear all sides. Continue debating but no harrassing.

Carry on! :)

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Let's keep in mind this was a What is your opinion thread? Careful not to criticize the opinions given, it's fine if you see otherwise as well as I'm sure they are very good just not everyone will agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
well I cant have much opinion since I have not actually ever interacted with one of these collars. BUT I am glad to see that you are seeing great results anyhow. That is wonderful and it sounds like she is coming out of her shell as well. :up: Oh and [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] would I use one on my kids?!?! Depends on the time of day perhaps. :LMAO: If it works this great I might. JUST KIDDING of course.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
well I cant have much opinion since I have not actually ever interacted with one of these collars. BUT I am glad to see that you are seeing great results anyhow. That is wonderful and it sounds like she is coming out of her shell as well. :up: Oh and [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] would I use one on my kids?!?! Depends on the time of day perhaps. :LMAO: If it works this great I might. JUST KIDDING of course.

With a three and four year old on the prowl don't tempt me [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], this past month has been a real challenge to say the least! :loco: :laugh:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
:ROFL: I was tempted to wake my g/f up this morning with a level 2 because she was snoring louder then my dog...lol

Sorry if that's how I'm coming across though. I can get heated when it comes to a good debate ...It's not that I'm trying to push my opinion on anyone, but just to kinda demystify the idea of it being "harsh" or "cruel." What works for you, works for you...and what works for me, works for me. Sorry if I offended anyone :ashamed:

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
:ROFL: I was tempted to wake my g/f up this morning with a level 2 because she was snoring louder then my dog...lol
It's a bit different with a girlfriend, though. Because she can give you clear consent, then it's fair game! :)
GFs can give you all kinds of violence related consents. :happy: (actually, if you have a "safe-word", they don't even have to give you clear consent every time :sarcastic: )
;)

I know, I know, I'm bad. :evil::whistle: But Lola is slowly turning me into such a good boy. :angel:

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My poor Lilly has some serious issues, but hopefully now I can change all that.

Thank you for not giving up on Lilly. She has issues but clearly none that you are not willing to try to amend. Please know that I'm no professional either *far from it* but I know what "willing and able" is --- and clearly, that's what you are too. You've done the research and now, Lilly has a hope in this world.

All dogs WANT to be BALANCED. They are miserable when they are NOT balanced and we can have hope for Lilly and celebrate your successes. Be sure to share them. I am interested.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont know if i would ever use one of these collars but i might have when i first got sarah if they had been around dunno. i had success with the water in the water bottle so i didnt have to try it. i guess its a personal choice and it sounds like they are alot tamer than they used to be. im glad your dog is doing well. :)

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Thank you for not giving up on Lilly. She has issues but clearly none that you are not willing to try to amend. Please know that I'm no professional either *far from it* but I know what "willing and able" is --- and clearly, that's what you are too. You've done the research and now, Lilly has a hope in this world.

All dogs WANT to be BALANCED. They are miserable when they are NOT balanced and we can have hope for Lilly and celebrate your successes. Be sure to share them. I am interested.

Ah, thanks Vicaroo!!

I most definitely will :D

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
i dont know if i would ever use one of these collars but i might have when i first got sarah if they had been around dunno. i had success with the water in the water bottle so i didnt have to try it. i guess its a personal choice and it sounds like they are alot tamer than they used to be. im glad your dog is doing well. :)

Thank you!!

Yeah I kinda forget when they were first made for the invisible fencing systems...WoW were they strong!! They are nothing like them thank god!

I remember my friend touched the back of my neck and made it go off...I must have jumped 10 feet in the air from a sitting position :lol:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I'm just happy it is working for you and you did not give up on her and just throw her away like the others did. Now she has a loving home and seems like she is coming around and the more she does the happier she will be.

csandvik

Jul 3, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
I used to think that the e collar worked like a shock collar and I would never do it. Our first bulldog trained relatively easily and was pretty easy going. Fiona on the the other hand is a different story. I tried rewards based training and clicker training and she was moderately successful but when she noticed I didn't have a treat she decided she didn't have to do what she was asked. Training turned into a battle of wills. Then I talked to a guy who trains all sorts of dogs and he suggested the e-collar. We talked about how it wasn't a "shock" it was and electronic stimulation to get their attention. I don't think it is a mean way to train and would suggest to anybody. The results we have seen are remarkable. We train her once a day or every other day for about 20-30 minutes in about 5-7 spurts. Once she gets the command down we don't use the collar.

Since Matilda died in March Fiona has been sort of lost. She didn't know where she belonged. Since beginning her training Fiona has "found" herself and is a settling in to being a good, confident bulldog.

Is it for every dog and owner? I don't know. All I can say is that it works for us and our dog.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.