Thread: E-Collar's

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: E-Collar's

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    With a three and four year old on the prowl don't tempt me @cali~jenn, this past month has been a real challenge to say the least!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    So....... what you are saying is it gets worse?!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

I was tempted to wake my g/f up this morning with a level 2 because she was snoring louder then my dog...lol

Sorry if that's how I'm coming across though. I can get heated when it comes to a good debate ...It's not that I'm trying to push my opinion on anyone, but just to kinda demystify the idea of it being "harsh" or "cruel." What works for you, works for you...and what works for me, works for me. Sorry if I offended anyone

A bad BOY, not a girl! Become a 4 Paw Member LolasPuppet's Avatar
    Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the middle of Europe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LiLlilly View Post
    I was tempted to wake my g/f up this morning with a level 2 because she was snoring louder then my dog...lol
    It's a bit different with a girlfriend, though. Because she can give you clear consent, then it's fair game!
    GFs can give you all kinds of violence related consents. (actually, if you have a "safe-word", they don't even have to give you clear consent every time )

I know, I know, I'm bad. But Lola is slowly turning me into such a good boy.
    Last edited by LolasPuppet; 07-17-2012 at 05:45 PM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LiLlilly View Post
    My poor Lilly has some serious issues, but hopefully now I can change all that.
    Thank you for not giving up on Lilly. She has issues but clearly none that you are not willing to try to amend. Please know that I'm no professional either *far from it* but I know what "willing and able" is --- and clearly, that's what you are too. You've done the research and now, Lilly has a hope in this world.

All dogs WANT to be BALANCED. They are miserable when they are NOT balanced and we can have hope for Lilly and celebrate your successes. Be sure to share them. I am interested.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i dont know if i would ever use one of these collars but i might have when i first got sarah if they had been around dunno. i had success with the water in the water bottle so i didnt have to try it. i guess its a personal choice and it sounds like they are alot tamer than they used to be. im glad your dog is doing well.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Thank you for not giving up on Lilly. She has issues but clearly none that you are not willing to try to amend. Please know that I'm no professional either *far from it* but I know what "willing and able" is --- and clearly, that's what you are too. You've done the research and now, Lilly has a hope in this world.

All dogs WANT to be BALANCED. They are miserable when they are NOT balanced and we can have hope for Lilly and celebrate your successes. Be sure to share them. I am interested.
    Ah, thanks Vicaroo!!

I most definitely will

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    i dont know if i would ever use one of these collars but i might have when i first got sarah if they had been around dunno. i had success with the water in the water bottle so i didnt have to try it. i guess its a personal choice and it sounds like they are alot tamer than they used to be. im glad your dog is doing well.

Thank you!!

Yeah I kinda forget when they were first made for the invisible fencing systems...WoW were they strong!! They are nothing like them thank god!

I remember my friend touched the back of my neck and made it go off...I must have jumped 10 feet in the air from a sitting position

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well I'm just happy it is working for you and you did not give up on her and just throw her away like the others did. Now she has a loving home and seems like she is coming around and the more she does the happier she will be.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona
    Likes (Received)

I used to think that the e collar worked like a shock collar and I would never do it. Our first bulldog trained relatively easily and was pretty easy going. Fiona on the the other hand is a different story. I tried rewards based training and clicker training and she was moderately successful but when she noticed I didn't have a treat she decided she didn't have to do what she was asked. Training turned into a battle of wills. Then I talked to a guy who trains all sorts of dogs and he suggested the e-collar. We talked about how it wasn't a "shock" it was and electronic stimulation to get their attention. I don't think it is a mean way to train and would suggest to anybody. The results we have seen are remarkable. We train her once a day or every other day for about 20-30 minutes in about 5-7 spurts. Once she gets the command down we don't use the collar.

Since Matilda died in March Fiona has been sort of lost. She didn't know where she belonged. Since beginning her training Fiona has "found" herself and is a settling in to being a good, confident bulldog.

Is it for every dog and owner? I don't know. All I can say is that it works for us and our dog.

Quote Originally Posted by csandvik View Post
    I used to think that the e collar worked like a shock collar and I would never do it. Our first bulldog trained relatively easily and was pretty easy going. Fiona on the the other hand is a different story. I tried rewards based training and clicker training and she was moderately successful but when she noticed I didn't have a treat she decided she didn't have to do what she was asked. Training turned into a battle of wills. Then I talked to a guy who trains all sorts of dogs and he suggested the e-collar. We talked about how it wasn't a "shock" it was and electronic stimulation to get their attention. I don't think it is a mean way to train and would suggest to anybody. The results we have seen are remarkable. We train her once a day or every other day for about 20-30 minutes in about 5-7 spurts. Once she gets the command down we don't use the collar.

Since Matilda died in March Fiona has been sort of lost. She didn't know where she belonged. Since beginning her training Fiona has "found" herself and is a settling in to being a good, confident bulldog.

Is it for every dog and owner? I don't know. All I can say is that it works for us and our dog.
    Would you mind sharing exactly which E-collar you got?

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

My opinion is it would be heart breaking for me to use so for me I couldnt do it but if its working for you and and it sounds like it is then I say more power to ya. Different strokes for different folks!

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona
    Likes (Received)

EBDR35: The collar we have is the Einstein 400TS-A

Sweetpeasmom: Again, I used to think that as well. It works the way that ab belt thing does for us humans. That infomercial that they play where they say you can lose weight by doing sit up while you sit on the couch. It just contracts the muscle, no pain involved.

Like you said, different strokes for different folks. This will always be a "hot button" topic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads