Lifting leg

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
My pup is over 8 months old and still squats. When do they start lifting their leg to pee? Or do I have to show him?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Personally, if a male squats, its a GOOD thing, unless you want him lifting a leg on the furnature :) from my understanding, for some its a 'learned' behavior from other dogs.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook is nearly 11 months and still a squatter... he doesn't seem to think anything of it, and never marks anything, so I'm pretty happy about it too. :)

BullDogGunner

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I would be happy if I were you. I stop all my male dogs from lifting their legs as wee little puppies, when they go to lift, I tip them over. I don't want them lifting their legs on furniture, walls or whatever. I remember back in the day (I'm old) going into someones house and knowing they had a male dog because the stereo speaker had pee marks. I raised Olde English Mastiffs before my Bulldog, people would chuckle at my big adult boys squatting...

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka will be 1 on Friday and he still squats too. :) Doesn't seem like he will ever lift his leg. No problem in my eyes. I just laugh at him :)

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Squatters empty their bladder more fully, so it's good that he's a squatter....my Schultz didn't start lifting his leg until he was after 2 years old....lifting is for marking and squatting is going potty....

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Like alot of people said, neutered or not some never lift their legs. Also like others said I'd be happy if he never lifts his leg! My Samson lifts his leg everytime he pees, he never pottys in the house but when he goes outside he'll go on the side of our patio furniture and stuff, drives me nuts!!!!

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342036274.005848.jpgLol ok I will let him squat then. I tried to pick his leg up once while he was peeing, he gave me that look as if I did it again he would pee on me and not
The grass.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
OMG, Carmine is soooo cute. He looks adorable in that photo laying in the grass like that. He's got a kissing spot on his backside just like my boy Tate:heart:.

anyways, both my guys alternate betw. squatting and lifting their legs. I used to think it was so great when they started lifting the leg until they would start doing that inside the house! Tate has even done it on my bed when he was marking a pillow as his territory!! So yea, just keep letting Carmine squat his little heart out.

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
Do your guys 'SQUAT', or make some other move? My guy Brembo kind of does a pushup/stack movement.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is 13 months and he still squats :heart: I dont think he will ever lift his leg :lol:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.