Potty Training

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was wondering if english bulldogs are usually easy to potty train? My friend just got a english and she is doing great and is by far the easiest dog she has ever hous broke so I was wondering if its the breed or if she just got lucky? Please say the breed lol!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
A dog's ability to be potty trained is only limited by the human doing the training. :yes: If a dog isn't potty trained, believe me, it's not the dog's fault. Outside of a medical issue, it would be the human's fault.

Patience and stalwart consistency are key!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
A dog's ability to be potty trained is only limited by the human doing the training. :yes: If a dog isn't potty trained, believe me, it's not the dog's fault. Outside of a medical issue, it would be the human's fault.

Patience and stalwart consistency are key!

I agree with this completely, I have never heard of them being easier but have seen many in here have it easy or find it difficult, consistency is the key. My Pookie was very hard to potty train. The rest were easy as pie.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok well lets Lola is easy! It seems that some really get it fast and know to go outside and some it takes a bit to sink in. I figure I will take her out every hour during the day to start tell I get to know her. I have read articles that say EB are pretty easy to potty train but can be stubborn so I will keep that in mind lol.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
My Lilly will still have accidents here and there (very rare) and its completely my fault. Most of the time she'll boof, but sometimes she'll go over to the door and just stand there without a sound, I should notice that she left the room, when I don't notice, there is a nice BIG puddle for me. Bruin knows i'm kind of a dumby so he uses the poochie bells :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online