Peeing on the floor, but not in her crate...

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie Shug is, of course, having her good days and her bad days. She is doing so well in her crate now that we took any bedding out. No accidents during the day while we are at work last week! :yes2: I still get up in the middle of the night to let her out for now just because I don't want her to hold it too long if she doesn't have to. On the other hand, she is being sneaky when out of her crate. One half of the day she will do so well and go to the door to go outside and potty :), then the other she will sneak a pee on the floor. And I mean sneak! :nonono: Today she peed on her steps while walking up onto the couch and since her rear is low when its on the lower steps and her front feet are higher, you couldn't tell until I spotted the wet spot. Other times I will be watching her like a hawk while she's playing on the floor, I'll lean over to pick up a couple of toys to play with, and she will have popped a squat already. I think she knows better because she runs when she's caught! :cursing:

We take her out frequently, whenever else she seems to be sniffing, and when she goes to the door. In fact, I try to take her out whenever she even slightly seems like she needs to go, whether I'm right or not. When she has an accident and we don't catch her in the act, we bring her to it and ask her "what is that??" and take her outside. We praise her when she goes potty outside. It's like she knows what she's suppose to do, but maybe she forgets when she's in the midst of playing?

Anyway, should we do anything different? Should we give her a treat when she potties outside (a kibble)? She is young and still learning, but I just want to make sure she doesn't think its ok to go inside the house. Any ideas are welcome!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Are Bertha and Aubie Shug related? We are having same issue here. Last night I took her out and she peed twice and pooped. We put her in bed with us to watch TV, Arnold joined us and they were playing. Next thing you know she peed. VEry frustrating. The treat worked wonders for Arnold but she seems a little harder. However she is also 2 weeks younger than when we got Bertha. She is also a sneaky bugger with food ( Arnold and Spikes food) and so I have had to put them on a schedule as well so all food is controlled. Ikes!! But her kennel is usually nice and clean!!

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
My puppy Ari is doing great with pee-ing but he doesn't seem to poo 15-30mins after eating. I crate him for 1.5 hours or so after his popp attempt after eating and that is when he will usually go. He doesn't poo or urinate in his crate at all. It's just the waiting for his poo fails thats buggin me.

Letting him out after a long crate / nap usually triggers him to pee when I let him outside. Or any long play sessions, he usually gets disinterested and I end up opening the backyard door and he gets the idea after that. I let him out at 2-3am in the morning and then he holds it til 7:30-8am.

I think the crate does wonders, as they say "they don't pee/poo where they eat and sleep"

Sum it all up... I say longer crate time and go directly outside.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie Mae does the same thing. She's GREAT in her crate, but she'll sneak a pee here and there in the house....sometimes without even acting differently. She'll be playing and then turn and run towards the kitchen to get some water and stop at the edge of the great room and pee.....then continue on to get water. I just chalk it up to her being a puppy and this being new to her. I know she's going to have accidents until she gets older and can hold it longer, so I try to be patient and I'm sure that you know how hard that is. We're trying to use consistency, routine, and patience and so far, in my opinion, have had great results with a handful of "to be expected" accidents.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Linus was the same ... he was doing so well then went through the sneaky-peeing stage. sometimes couldn't tell if he was just sitting down or "going"!!

Just when I thought I'd be stuck with a bully that would always pee in the house, he finally seemed to "get it", but it was frustrating!!!! :no: :down:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.