Peeing in bed

Coop590

Jun 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Lily has started peeing in her bed during the day, she will hold it durning the night, but during the afternoon we have started coming home to a wet bed, I bought her a new bed yesterday thinking the smell was stuck in th old one after washing numerous. Time, but today we came home to another wet bed the longest she is in her kennel is 2 -3hours at the most does anyone have any ideas how how to correct this?

L

Lucy-licious

She marking them..Lucy used to do it too! So every time it was wet I'd wash it, put it back, and she weed on it again because it smelt funny, so I washed it.....and so on and so forth.

Someone here told me its best to have something always there that smells of her. So I started using a blanket too and when the bedding was washed the smelly blanket stayed a day longer, then that could be washed too once the new clean bedding smelled right. It did work after a few misses and she hasn't done it since :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I've not had this problem but I know we've talked about it before! I'll try and tag a few people to chime in. If it were me I'd take her access to th bed away. Back to the crate when you aren't home..and slowly let her prove herself. Treat it like a new pup..back to watching her like a hawk!

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION].

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Beefy does the same thing as well. He will tinkle on his bed but he will not tinkle on a sheet. It's kinda weird. So, I just toss a couple of old sheets in and he's good to go.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
You could try removing all blankets -- I know, cruel and unusual punishment for those of us that SPOIL our dogs rotten - but some members have found this to be helpful in resolving the issue of peeing on bedding. Once the habit of NOT peeing on anything in the crate is established, then you can test her/him out on a blanket... you know, and see how it goes.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours would some times do that, so we took the bed out of the crate and they would sleep on a towel, except Lucy, she eats towels or anything you put in there for her to lay on, so now she gets to sleep on the plastic crate pan.

OP
Coop590

Coop590

Jun 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Thanks guys I will try her today with know bed

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.