Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to stop/control roughness with my children

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: how to stop/control roughness with my children

Quote Originally Posted by lakermarie View Post
    I'm very fair of. Who's at fault and what the kids are.or were doin to provoke him. My daughter walked him for a few blocks and she did a wonderful job of leading him and correcting him! She also helps feed him and my son helps with treats

That's great!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lakermarie View Post
    I'm very fair of. Who's at fault and what the kids are.or were doin to provoke him. My daughter walked him for a few blocks and she did a wonderful job of leading him and correcting him! She also helps feed him and my son helps with treats
    Awesome!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Basil
    Likes (Received)

Excellent advice with the feeding. As soon as we got our bully, our kids (ages 3 and 5) were feeding him, and sitting there playing with his food while he ate (hands in the bowl). They would also take it away, and give it back. Basil is quite submissive, but every once in awhile he would try to get ahead of the pack with the kids. He now knows that when we are leaving the house, he has to sit and wait, and be the last to leave and come in again. He cannot sit on the steps above the kids while they put on their shoes. The kids can take away his favourite toys and antlers without a problem. He listens to them well inside the house, but we have to work on his listening outside, and his manners on a leash. In time! Good luck!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good job with working with your daughter! I hope your son joins in and they can mend their relationship very soon. I did much of what was suggested above and also had my daughters hand feed a few times where they gave a command and would feed them their breakfast and dinner a few bits at a time this way. Worked like a charm! Also, when entering the house, make sure the kids go first.

Gypsy would jump on my girls and try to chew their long hair. These things stopped that pretty quick. The girls still had to correct her when she would start to do it, but she soon got the picture. Another thing to teach the kids is that if the pup is getting ramped up, they should stay very calm and not scream or run. My daughters now even remind their friends when they come over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads