Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so glad noone got hurt. I think if anyone can keep a happy dog home it's you! I know you can do it and great advice from Christine, funny how things like that work when speaking dog body language.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BabyGirl and Wilson have only had a few fights. Some days she just doesn't like him too close so she gets b****y and loses it. And yes it's hard to separate them because they are so low to the ground and butt their heads together. I always keep cans of compressed air around the room within reach or sometimes I toss a blanket, towel or pillow over their heads and push down the middle till they have to part. Usually there are some minor gashes. It's my Frenchton Louie that usually gives Wilson the stink-eye and then it's on! So I have to keep them separate unless I'm free to supervise.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't think they'll have too many, but I'm sure they'll be another down the road. Wilson is not a morning dog and doesn't like being messed with until HE'S ready and then and only then is it playtime for him. They'll be fine and Emma has now had the leashed tighted. :up:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Sweet Emma may need to get her clock cleaned a time or two, but she'll learn there are consequences for stealing toys and food!

Orion has got her 'clock cleaned' more than once....but she is stubborn. Not stubborn, but stubborn!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh they did it again. Wilson was happily minding his own business with a fluffy toy sitting on the couch between Mike and I and she came up and got in his face and off they went into another fight. She doesn't back down either. They're both fine. :bang: They both got their tushies handed to them last night by me, and Mike.

Emma seems a little shell shocked that all things are not for her taking. I've started a 360 no tolerance policy with her (it's kinda sad).

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sweet Emma may need to get her clock cleaned a time or two, but she'll learn there are consequences for stealing toys and food!
Alice, Mike's been saying that exact thing for the last 2 months. She went to take Jack's food this weekend when were camping and Jack actually snarled at her for the first time. Mike said let her learn a lesson, and I said, she can learn her lesson when we're closer to a vet. She said, good point. Lessons are about to be learned though, fast.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am not surprised it happened again so quickly, they seem to hold grudges and it may even take a few days for them to forgive and forget. :(

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
We are going through the same sort of situations but I don't blame it on the B****, although she is rather b****y!LOL! I blame it on the puppy, Boadie. He doesn't know when to stop. Nothing to serous yet but lots of small skirmishes. Uni has managed too school him two different times leaving a small gash on his chin and the second time one on his side. I'm going to try putting them in a down/stay next to each other next time. I remember this from Ceasar now, I think it may do some good. Boadie is now 14 weeks, We are making lots of progress but he still can't sit and wait with he's food bowl on the floor in front of him, he can however, sit for it, for a small amount of time with out getting too impatient. When we got Uni I thought what an great god to train, now I see that ever dog is different. Boadie is going to take a lot more work, we are really considering if we should neuter him or not now. At first we planed on not doing it because, he is such a rare color but now we are thinking we will have a better dog, less aggressive, stubborn and dominant, if we do go ahead and get him altered. I know that it is important to stay in control of the situation and be pack leader at all ties but I am finding it hard to find the line between playing and playing that is too aggressive. They play like sumo wrestlers! Boadie has managed to really do a number on Uni cheeks and lips, she has small scabs all over her face. I do feel for Uni and I let her show hi that she is not happy with he's behavior but she is not allowed to go after him, she gets a correction. However I find it so hard to get either of the to submit on their backs. I only try this int he most sever cases. Usually I give a loud sound and poke their neck when they need discipline. But I don't want to stop them from playing altogether, they play good most of the time, I don't think Boadie knows ho sharp his teeth are.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.