JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Well it finally happened! Wilson had enough of Emma trying to take his toy this morning. They got into a fight in the bathroom while I was getting ready for work and right by my feet. No bully was hurt. I had a hard time pulling Wilson off her though and she did not back down – I had to holler for the hubby to come help. It’s 100% Emma’s fault though!! She has yet to learn her boundary with Wilson when he has a toy or he’s eating. She’ll get right up in his face (and Jack’s too) and try to dominate him by eating his kibble that he drops out of his bowl or trys to take his toy because she wants it – FEMALES! Last night they got in a minor scuffle over a toy underneath the coffee table when my sister and her family were here visiting. She wanted it and he had it and she tried to take it. I had to completely submit them both last night and they really got it from me this morning. I sit with them while they’re all eating and she’s gotten better about staying away from Wilson’s food but will go after the kibbles that Jack drops. This weekend while camping Jack actually snarled at her for the first time. I usually give her a command that it’s not acceptable for her to get near his food and move her away. Once they’re all done eating they lick each other’s bowls – it’s like they know then it’s ok. And here I was just thinking about leaving Wilson and Emma together in the same crate during the day for short periods of time on the weekend if we run an errand. Guess I’ll have to rethink that one. Wilson doesn’t have much tolerance when she trys to get what his has…he just wants to be left alone. They all play just fine though.

I have a ZERO tolerance policy for this behavior as I’m the Alpha Dog in my house, even above the hubby. All I have to do is look at Jack and he’ll do what I want him to do…..the bullies, well, they’re a different story. Time to step it up with her in now.

Other than that, they're great. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
hee hee! Little Emma is showing her bully colors!

YOU GO GIRL! (that's for BOTH of you!)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:bravo: For handling the situation and keeping control. Its very hard with bullies I learned. Chanel was very easy to train potty and behavior than Brutus was(still training). Chanel is so well trained it makes me proud...and Brutus is getting there! It takes time and I know you have a handle on this :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Yeah those females are something else...Karly does that with Nigel and I have to supervise and make sure they share their toys. If it gets to rough then it's time for a nap! Come to think of it that's how I handled my kids when they were little too...if they fought over toys and didn't share properly then I took the toy and they had to go take a nap. It works.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It's always the girls that stir the crap! LOL Jordan's dog is always the antagonist, she's a meanie...Tank is a well behaved man and never starts a fight!

Emma is so cute though...even if she's being naughty!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png

Make her wait to eat till Jack and Wilson are done eating...... she is in a sit/stay till YOU release her to her bowl

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png
flame1_small.png

flame1_small.png

Make her wait to eat till Jack and Wilson are done eating...... she is in a sit/stay till YOU release her to her bowl
She's in a sit and stay until I release her bowl but I think I'll start making her wait now until their done.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:hmm: Good Thing Wilson Is Not a :poo: Eater anymore! They'd be :starwars: over crap! :laugh:
:ROFL: That's be a chitty mess to clean!!! :ROFL:

I really hate bully fights! It's so hard to pull them apart!!
Ana, it was quite a bit harder than I anticpated, that caught me a bit off guard, especially with Wilson. It's all that weight and them being low to the ground. It was hard.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's good that you're taking the bull by the horns, so to speak, with this situation, Jeannie. Don't want to let it roost and then it'll just get worse over time. Emma's still young so I'm sure she will learn and start behaving like the sweet young lady that she truly is.
I have been caught between too many fights between Finn and Tate. Once I looked in the mirror and found a scratch on my upper lip, my neck, and my chest. All at the same time! Not a very lovely sight to see, i must add.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Put Remy in Emma's place and Sebastian in Wilson's and that is how it goes at my house!!! Remy is always taking toys away from Sebastian and Sebastian is not having it!! No on has been hurt yet, but it always sounds really terrible. I put them in a down next to each other and make them stay there. I'm hoping that when all three of them get neutered, that may calm down a little. I think it's just because Sebastian has always been dominant over Oliver and now Remy is bigger than Sebastian and he's trying to find his place in the pack and he thinks he needs to be the dominant dog, but like [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], I am the alpha dog in this house!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henny and Kim, dogs can make a sound worse than the situation really is. :eek: I did make Emma sit and stay with her food bowl in front of her until Wilson was done. She didn't like it too much but she obeyed. I will start cracking down with her just like I did with the boys when they were young. I would purposely make them "settle" when they were really ok because I knew they'd both be strong dogs. Guess I've been a bit laxed with Emma.

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], @Kim Sebastian n Oliver, [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Most Reactions