8+ week old puppy biting and whining help

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
Hi guys,

what do you reccomend i do to help with his biting hands and feet? I have plenty of toys for him and chew rawhides and stuff. when he bites my hand i firmly say ouch and walk away for a bit then come back with proper chewing toy for him. if that doesnt work i grab the loose skin behind his neck and say no in a firm manner. Any other suggestions? I also was wondering , he has a playpen inside my room around 4x7 feet.. he whines alot if i dont come to him and play with him, should i be coming to him all the time? i have to get him tired so he sleeps to not whine so much. I do play with him alot but he sure loves attention haha. I dont have to even be playing with him as long as im in the playpen with him.

thanks in advance my fellow bulldog owners!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The biting will eventually slow down, teething is hard to get through but just be consistent with what you are doing. A good yelp out of you to show it hurts helps a lot.

Do not come when whining, they learn that real quick, if they cry, you come.

Welcome to EBN! If you have any other questions just let us know :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus was a horrible whiner! We would ignore him b/c he quickly learned he just had to whine to get my attention! It took about 2-3 weeks for that to stop. The biting oh the bitting! Those shark teeth are the worst! This is something we all went through until those teeth fall out! Its consistensy and redirecting the attention to something else...It does take time but it will owrk! Bullies get their feeeling hurt very easily! I know it sounds funny but its true...Hubby yelled at Brutus once b/c he was eating his brand new sneakers($150 Jordans) and hubby yelled at him Brutus came walking over to me and put his head in between my legs for comofort! I told hubby if he ever did tht again he was in the dog house! :lol: It tkes a lot of paitence as these guys re very stubborn but sooooo worht it!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
How do I know if his whining is fake? Otis has slept throught the night since the day we brought him home but the last 2 nights he sits on the edge of the bed whining - I get up take him out and an hour or so later he's whining again - I'm so confused - is he hurt, lonley, sore tummy, teeth WHAT...lol

I dont want to ignore him if he truely needs me?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online