Cappu doesnt like the leash

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Hi i got my boi in about a week ago he learned how to sit really quick with the treats but he hates the leash , he would not like to walk with it , when i grab him its fine and he is very playful on the grass , anyone woukd give me advice how to make him use to leash ?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
What I do with mine is let them drag the leash around in the house a little bit everyday. Then I start holding the leash. Seems to work out to do it in short spurts.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes! Let them just wander around inside..they get used to the pull and tug of it..but always keep an eye on him while he is doing this...they can get into trouble very quickly!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse did not like the leash either, so I used to put it on him every day for about 5 mins and try to walk him in the back yard.
Now he loves it when the leash comes out he gets all excited as he knows we are going for a walk.
They do get used to them over time.
br 144.jpg

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It took my guy some time to to get used to the leash. He did okay for the short trip to the front yard for potty, but he would not lead at all otherwise. Thought he was just being stubborn (like a bulldog), but he was actually more afraid than stubborn as I came to realize. My trick.... A pocket full of liver treats to distract (and encourage)! Worked like a charm and now he will go where ever I lead - no treats required. :) Just continue on with patience and your baby will soon be leading like a champion. :) I also suggest reading "How to raise the perfect dog" by Cesar Millan, if you get a chance. He had some very helpful suggestions that helped me get through the early puppy months. And most importantly, read all you can on EBN, as there is soooo much helpful information everyday that will make life with your new bulldog so much easier for you both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4325]Corlando465[/MENTION] - you have done exactly what I had to do with Bea. Treat her for walking with the leash. The leash didn't bother her, it was walking. She just didn't want to go. Now, she loves a romp!

A long time ago, I found these very HIGH VALUE treats. The only thing they like better is cooked chicken - which they cannot have. They are freeze dried cubes made from fruit. (There are also chicken ones - and we started out on these before I knew better) Find you pup's high value treat and boy, oh boy. Walk? U BET!

The book you reference should be mandatory reading for anyone getting a puppy. Like, there should be a law. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.