RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] Yes and no. It took him two and a half days of not eating to get so hungry that he ate half of something that he disliked. After that I've given him his food in the same cycle that he normally gets it (I feed raw so he gets different things every meal) but I've left the room when he is supposed to eat. The little bugger eats right away when he is served Chicken necks or pork backs. He has eaten all the other foods before, but now he seems to dislike them. Me leaving the room doesn't really make any difference. If it is not what he likes, at the moment, he doesn't eat it.
I don't know if I should give him the foods he likes at the moment or starve him for two days and give him what I think he is supposed to eat? Grazy.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
wow, i never heard of such a thing, how are his poops? are there any? is he drinking?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm not going to be of too much help because not eating is a problem I have never had with my bullys. I do have a black lab mix who sometimes likes to skip a meal, but that is just the one meal and it is only occasionally.

If he is going more than two meals without food then I would certainly try just giving him the stuff he really likes. My main concern right now would be that he is not eating rather than that he isn't eating the variety I would like him to. If that doesn't work then he definitely needs to see a vet. Refusing food for long periods just does not seem right!!

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think there's anything wrong with him. He is just taking me for a ride here. Just this morning the gizzards disappeared quickly. He just knows what he likes and knows how to get it....:master:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I don't think there's anything wrong with him. He is just taking me for a ride here. Just this morning the gizzards disappeared quickly. He just knows what he likes and knows how to get it....:master:

I agree that he wants what he wants, they are very smart and it sounds like he is just that. In my case Otis may eat all or some but he rarely gobbles it up immediately - maybe I shouldnt leave it for him and give him a time limit also.

I feed each morning and late afternoon. I am not home all day so what he doesnt eat is in his crate with him and late in the afternoon it is on the floor and he picks at it when he chooses.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Today Usko has gobbled up all together 1,2 kilos(2,6lbs) of gizzards and some ground pork(and was looking for more), so he is not refusing food, just some foods. His normal amount of food per day is 750grams(1,6lbs), but I don't mind, cause he hasn't eaten enough for about two weeks.

[MENTION=4763]LynnA[/MENTION] in my opinion, if he is eating his food and in in good condition, I don't see why he should gobble it up right away. If the food doesn't go bad (like raw does in the room temperature) let him eat it when he likes.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Today Usko has gobbled up all together 1,2 kilos(2,6lbs) of gizzards and some ground pork(and was looking for more), so he is not refusing food, just some foods. His normal amount of food per day is 750grams(1,6lbs), but I don't mind, cause he hasn't eaten enough for about two weeks.

@LynnA in my opinion, if he is eating his food and in in good condition, I don't see why he should gobble it up right away. If the food doesn't go bad (like raw does in the room temperature) let him eat it when he likes.

Thank you for the response.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.