New Puppy Will NOT stop attacking one of the other boys

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I have a similar issue with my bulldog overwelming my yorkie, I just cannot wait for the yorkie to latch on to his jowles or worse yet an eye or something, I seen my yorkie fight back and for my situation "I will" be the solution. I've seen other situations where they let the dogs 'work it out' and it can get ugly, and if damage is the outcome hopefully one doesn't loose and eye or worse yet lose it's life.

I'm a firm believer that the situation can and should be controlled by the owner, I also am not a fan of water bottles etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm learning as I go and I guess to a large extent i'm following Ceasers methods and addressing each situation as such, I may be eating these words at some point but for now it is working SOOOO good I could not consider anything else.

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
Thank you again Vince.

It gets to a point when you look at the older dog with infected tears in his ears and sores in his mouth so that he eats his food slowly and start feeling bad everywhere...that's the truth of it for me. I hope that doesn't get me flamed...but this pup is a menace to the older boy...and the older boy (in reality) is a baby too. 16 months old. My hope is that a new puppy class and teacher will give us some insight. Going to the vet on Saturday too, going to ask her what her thoughts are on the matter.

I've seen Custer snap a tennis ball in two in one bite, so yes...we fear when he does tire of it, it could be very BAD. Fingers crossed and hands folded...I know it will eventually work out. I'm glad to have a place to begin to ferret it out with like minded folks.

As for Stonewall...as I've said, other than this (and it is relatively non-stop) he's the perfect little boy. I guess I should be glad it is only one issue (albeit a biggie) :)

I have a similar issue with my bulldog overwelming my yorkie, I just cannot wait for the yorkie to latch on to his jowles or worse yet an eye or something, I seen my yorkie fight back and for my situation "I will" be the solution. I've seen other situations where they let the dogs 'work it out' and it can get ugly, and if damage is the outcome hopefully one doesn't loose and eye or worse yet lose it's life.

I'm a firm believer that the situation can and should be controlled by the owner, I also am not a fan of water bottles etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm learning as I go and I guess to a large extent i'm following Ceasers methods and addressing each situation as such, I may be eating these words at some point but for now it is working SOOOO good I could not consider anything else.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I have a 12 month old EB and a 9 week old EB. We are going through this as well. But not nearly as bad, thankfully. Our 12 month old Uni, is holding her own, in fact we have had to put her in her place several times for being too ruff with the puppy. Most of the time she plays nice or just tries to get the puppy off of her. I do feel bad for her as the days go by( we have had him for a week) I see more and more scabs on Uni. He is a firecracker! Always biting her and chewing. We are redirecting at this point him being so young and always supervising. I cannot wait until the day they will cuddle up together for nap. Hopefully soon...

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
frankly, we pretty much suck at training. our bullies are generally well-behaved, but ollie did this to all dogs he met as a puppy. he was relentless. thankfully, i have friends who understand that the older dog needs to assert, and we always allowed that to happen. still, he just outgrew it, thankfully.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you rec'd a lot of great advice, but puppy behavior will prevail until Custer sets him straight. Our Nitschke never set Banks straight and for 6 years she always tried to beat him up so, during that time - he would just avoid her and if she entered a room, he would leave or go to the other side.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Great thread and some awesome advice here. I'm with Vince00. I let these two "sort it out" for awhile and finally had to step in. Bo is 30+ lbs heavier than Bea and, in my opinion, can play too rough for my taste. And that's what it's about; me. ha ha I can demand whatever behavior I want because I'm the pack leader, right? :D

Most Reactions