Recommended Reading - Training and Behavior Help

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
^^^ me too.... best thing in the car when driving to see my Dad (3 hrs. one way) and my sisters are not with me.

Oooooo! Look what I'll be listening to on the way to work all next week.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Audible.com has the audio book!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oooooo! Look what I'll be listening to on the way to work all next week.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Audible.com has the audio book!

yes they do... lots of titles, but not many on training. i would love to listen to Ceaser and Patricia -- I just do not have the time to sit and read anymore

EDIT --- three of his are in there

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
yes they do... lots of titles, but not many on training. i would love to listen to Ceaser and Patricia -- I just do not have the time to sit and read anymore

EDIT --- three of his are in there

I ended up getting it at iTunes. I have the others too. One disappointment: Cesar himself is not reading this. Usually it's him reading. Oh well!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I ended up getting it at iTunes. I have the others too. One disappointment: Cesar himself is not reading this. Usually it's him reading. Oh well!

holy crap -- i did not even think of iTunes.... thanks

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Cesar Millan is my hero following his advice is how I have gotten this far with my fur baby.

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
I've read a couple of the Cesar books. I'm really enjoying Patricia McConnells audiobook (I got it from audible.com). Dr. Ian Dunbar is amazing to read and watch as well!!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] - That's the one.

I bought the audio version and was disappointed when Cesar himself wasn't narrating, like on my other Cesar Millan audio books.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Going to give that one a try!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I'm not a fan of C.Milan,
but I love few books about positive reinforcement and other good reads that I can recommend

Jean Donaldson-culture clash
The Power of Positive Dog Training-Pat Miller
don't shoot the doog (can't remember who wrote that)
and for puppy (and not only)
The Perfect Puppy-by Gwen Bailey

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Everything I have learned I learned on here and my instincts and its worked pretty well for us.:D

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Now ALL i have to do is find an audio books app for my phone that will share with my MacBook Pro, and I'll be in business, lol, I love audio books, guessing were always wearing hearing protection at work, and usually at hom, I don't have time for actually reading a book, but Audio books would work great !! hint...hint...hint lol

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Now ALL i have to do is find an audio books app for my phone that will share with my MacBook Pro, and I'll be in business, lol, I love audio books, guessing were always wearing hearing protection at work, and usually at hom, I don't have time for actually reading a book, but Audio books would work great !! hint...hint...hint lol

Yes... I have been looking too. There are a few out there... [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I think uses Audible dot com

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Yes... I have been looking too. There are a few out there... [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I think uses Audible dot com
I've seen that app Christine, but it's only rated 2*'s, and when I started reading the reviews, They were horrible, Taken the volume button away, last app update destroyed the app, from 2010 to Present, I've got an outstanding Lap Top, I wouldn't trade anything for in going to Apple versus Windows, I'll never look back at windows again, and I've built web sites, with software, and been an avid user of windows in my past, and Windows and coming out with a new version every year, every other year, and the viruses, is just horrific. Sometimes apps for my macbook arent as good as the windows apps, Rich in features, but my MacBook is lightening fast and has Never crashed, and the software on it is just second to none, Thinking [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] has one too. The iMovie, iPhoto, is absolutely Awesome, a Photographers dreams come true. But I'm going to keep searching for that app, to let me exchange with the cloud from my laptop to my iPhone and back again. I know I could "Boot Camp" or even "Piggy Back" Windows on my Mac Book and run them too, But then i'm faced with the Bios problems again, where the viruses, attach themselves to settings, and change this that and the other, and next thing you know you have a sick laptop again. Knowing Full Well Bill Gates could fix the issue, but as long as Windows and Intel and all the Virus protection people are all partners, its just a sales gimmick. The last thing about Windows, is the Day you buy them, their already out dated, absolete, and more powerful machines and programes made to run on those machines are already out, and what you have is non supported..... Mind Boggling !!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've seen that app Christine, but it's only rated 2*'s, and when I started reading the reviews, They were horrible, Taken the volume button away, last app update destroyed the app, from 2010 to Present, I've got an outstanding Lap Top, I wouldn't trade anything for in going to Apple versus Windows, I'll never look back at windows again, and I've built web sites, with software, and been an avid user of windows in my past, and Windows and coming out with a new version every year, every other year, and the viruses, is just horrific. Sometimes apps for my macbook arent as good as the windows apps, Rich in features, but my MacBook is lightening fast and has Never crashed, and the software on it is just second to none, Thinking @BruceP has one too. The iMovie, iPhoto, is absolutely Awesome, a Photographers dreams come true. But I'm going to keep searching for that app, to let me exchange with the cloud from my laptop to my iPhone and back again. I know I could "Boot Camp" or even "Piggy Back" Windows on my Mac Book and run them too, But then i'm faced with the Bios problems again, where the viruses, attach themselves to settings, and change this that and the other, and next thing you know you have a sick laptop again. Knowing Full Well Bill Gates could fix the issue, but as long as Windows and Intel and all the Virus protection people are all partners, its just a sales gimmick. The last thing about Windows, is the Day you buy them, their already out dated, absolete, and more powerful machines and programes made to run on those machines are already out, and what you have is non supported..... Mind Boggling !!

I have not used audible, just knew of it. My b/f has a MACbook air and LOVES it. It does have the partition software to also use windows, but rarely does... only for work. I recently bought him and iPad for his b/d and he also loves that, he uses it when going to/from work on the shuttle to watch TV or a movie or play games.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online