Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possession Aggression

Bulldog(s) Names
    WE have Henry and Muggsy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possession Aggression

I would like to update my thread on aggression as we have really made some huge strides with Muggsy. We gave him lots of his own toys and took away his crate altogether. His bedroom is now the laundry room and he only has that because he snores so loud! He is calm and well behaved and now gets on very well with the others. Obviously there is the occasional snipe, but us humans do that too. We found distraction is the easiest and "safest" way to take something form him he is not supposed to have. Most of the time we leave all 4 dogs with the run of the house and have no issues. I am glad we did not give up on him though we came very close a couple of times. He has been worth the struggle and is now and adorable cutie pie with a HUGE personality.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon N Tania View Post
    I would like to update my thread on aggression as we have really made some huge strides with Muggsy. We gave him lots of his own toys and took away his crate altogether. His bedroom is now the laundry room and he only has that because he snores so loud! He is calm and well behaved and now gets on very well with the others. Obviously there is the occasional snipe, but us humans do that too. We found distraction is the easiest and "safest" way to take something form him he is not supposed to have. Most of the time we leave all 4 dogs with the run of the house and have no issues. I am glad we did not give up on him though we came very close a couple of times. He has been worth the struggle and is now and adorable cutie pie with a HUGE personality.
    What a great upadte..... so happy he is doing well and you hung in there with him!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

What wonderful news!!!!!!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon N Tania View Post
    First of all, thank you tremendously for this update. You wouldn't believe how many times folks come on here - get advice and then we never know the outcome! I agree with Kazzy too. Sounds like finding ways to get / give him the attention he craves has been vital to his success so far. Continued success with your boy. If you haven't posted pictures - please do!!!!

His last owner should be kicked squarely in the teeth. I'd be happy to do it. Seriously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads