Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chunk is acting out all of a sudden ... Help!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Default Chunk is acting out all of a sudden ... Help!

Sooo over the last couple of weeks, Chunk has peed on our bathroom rug twice and now pooped all over the house!! Literally a few spots in the kitchen and on my new area rug in the living room.

He gets stuck in the bathroom when he's kicking his ball around and it gets stuck behind the door. (we try to remind everyone to close the door but alas that often doesn't happen). He's been doing this for years so idk why all of a sudden he is peeing on it. (both times he had just been out for a walk too)

As for the pooping, I was upstairs trying to settle the baby for all of five minutes. He pooped twice yesterday which is his norm. He had just been out about two hours before, peed and ran back in.

The only thing I can think is that this has to do with the baby. But idk what to do when I'm home alone and can't run at his beck and call. I take him out every chance I get (which is usually twice during the 6 hours I'm home alone). Because we don't have a fenced yard, I can't just let him out, I have to walk him. Now, this is the same dog that won't pee for 14 hours cause its raining or poop for days because it's too windy. What do I do?! When I work he is crated for the 6 hours no one is home with a break when I come home for lunch. Do I start crating him during the day again?! I don't want to do that but I can't keep dealing with this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Chunk is acting out all of a sudden ... Help!

I'm trying to think of the moms here that could help....@desertskybulldogs, @cali~jenn
    Last edited by bullmama; 04-10-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Oh my. I do think it is a bit of jealousy. Wow, what you must be going through!! I would consider crating him until he snaps out of it. I had to do this with Winston when my son was born. I have to do it with Matilda when there is a change going on. It is not mean. You could give it a shot.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It probably is because of the baby. When we had Noah my bully (named baby) kept PEEING ON OUR BED!!!! This went on for the first 3 weeks, or until I finally let her spend more time with him. I was just so afraid she would hurt him I never gave her any.

Fast forward 5 years later.... Carson is born. We now had only our Bully Sarah. Guess what she did? PEED ON OUR BED! Same thing!!!! I even caught her squatting on it, I could not believe it was happening all over again.

So two new mattresses later..... and another 5 years later, Bryce is born. This time we had Molly. Molly was always a bit more gentle, so I would let her get a look at him. But then she would start to get really excited so I would pull him away. She did NOT have access to my CLOSED BEDROOM DOORS.... I already was anticipating this. She did however keep peeing on the throw rugs, just little spots. Obvious she did NOT need to go.

Well, one day Bryce took a REAL BIG stinky. So I picked him up and Molly came running over, and I said "Oh you wanna smell that Molly?" So I let her get a good wiff of his stinky butt through the diaper. She did not then start getting excited like she did when I let her see his face. She was like "Okay, thanks" and waddled off. Then it dawned on me. Dogs meet others by sniffing their butts! Why would this not be the case with a baby?

Ever since that day I was able to put Bryce on the floor or wherever I wanted, she was so sweet and gentle with him. She just needed a proper introduction.

Fast forward 1 year later, same introduction with baby Sedona, on the day we came home. She never peed in the house at all.

So my advice, let Chunk get a good whiff of his dirty bottom!!!! Worked for me!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    It probably is because of the baby. When we had Noah my bully (named baby) kept PEEING ON OUR BED!!!! This went on for the first 3 weeks, or until I finally let her spend more time with him. I was just so afraid she would hurt him I never gave her any.

Fast forward 5 years later.... Carson is born. We now had only our Bully Sarah. Guess what she did? PEED ON OUR BED! Same thing!!!! I even caught her squatting on it, I could not believe it was happening all over again.

So two new mattresses later..... and another 5 years later, Bryce is born. This time we had Molly. Molly was always a bit more gentle, so I would let her get a look at him. But then she would start to get really excited so I would pull him away. She did NOT have access to my CLOSED BEDROOM DOORS.... I already was anticipating this. She did however keep peeing on the throw rugs, just little spots. Obvious she did NOT need to go.

Well, one day Bryce took a REAL BIG stinky. So I picked him up and Molly came running over, and I said "Oh you wanna smell that Molly?" So I let her get a good wiff of his stinky butt through the diaper. She did not then start getting excited like she did when I let her see his face. She was like "Okay, thanks" and waddled off. Then it dawned on me. Dogs meet others by sniffing their butts! Why would this not be the case with a baby?

Ever since that day I was able to put Bryce on the floor or wherever I wanted, she was so sweet and gentle with him. She just needed a proper introduction.

Fast forward 1 year later, same introduction with baby Sedona, on the day we came home. She never peed in the house at all.

So my advice, let Chunk get a good whiff of his dirty bottom!!!! Worked for me!
    I think Lisa covered it. hahahahahaha
    How old is Chunk again? I know I seem to have that problem in general when they hit about 1, those damn teenage stubborn years. He is older than that tho so yes it is the baby. Party is over and that dang kid hasnt left yet. lol As for advice.... if the bootie whiff doesnt help maybe go back to crating. I have always been a stay at home mama so that was never hardly much of an issue thankfully here. The crating I mean. The peeing was an issue with all 3 of mine but I might have Miila under control, maybe. lol

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Best advice EVER!

G'luck Turi, hopefully Chunk will be back to being a good big bro soon.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

I dont have much advice on this topic...No kids here yet! But this is definatley giving me advice for when it does happen. Hope all goes well with the butt sniff!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

My kids were teens when we got our first Bulldog, but I had grandbabies and Bulldogs. The dogs (all males) seemed to realize the kids were babies and they needed to be gentle. The dogs would sleep on the floor with the babies, share their crates when the kids could crawl. The dogs would lick them but were always so gentle. Those 2 grandkids are 16 and 17 now and both Bulldog lovers. Mugs and Harley were the 2 dogs and they worshiped those babies.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you have some excellent advise above, it will pass with time.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ohhhh I should have realized you'd have a great answer @desertskybulldogs!!! I'll try that! I haven't been keeping Chunk away from Clayton but of course, my attention is not where Chunk would like it to be. @cali~jenn He's going to be four next month so he's definitely old enough to know better!

I forgot to mention that he also chewed the glider I sit in when I feed the baby. Ugh. Thing is, he's super gentle with him and seems to love him! Just seems he's jealous. I hate to crate him while I'm home but I may have to when my hands are full. He does love his crate ... He's just been so good until this point.

Live Genuinely

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

This is just a shot in the dark but is there any way you could throw Chunk a good set routine? I know it's so hard with a new baby to have any sort of routine at all. But...maybe pottying at a certain time everyday, giving him his own special time at a certain time of day? This may or may not be feisable at this point with the new baby but it's just a thought.

At least the jealousy will wear off over time! Good luck

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@MamaAndi He has a set routine he goes out and eats same time everyday and I play with him during the baby's nap time. (I LIVE by schedules/routines. A little OCD here) So that adds to why I think it's the jealousy!

Gave him a whiff of a dirty diaper this morning so we shall see! No accidents today but he did sneak on the couch when I was in the kitchen washing the baby's bottles. Stinker.

Live Genuinely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads