Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 21

Thread: Peeing in his bed!

  1. #1
    Newbie elyrig's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Location
    SO-CAL
    Posts
    21
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Angus and Eddie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Peeing in his bed!

    Angus is good about holding it. I take him out three times a day. same time everyday, but for some reason he pees in his bed. One of his crate doors stays open so he can walk out andAttachment 19345 go potty. In the living room we have a blanket so he can lay down but he keeps peeing on it. He doesn't go anywhere else in the house. He's good to usually go outside and potty. Is he marking his territory? What can I do to stop him from doing this!! Help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imag1319-jpg  

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11525

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    yes, he seems like he is marking... is he doing this in front of you or when you are not at home?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    I'd remove the blanket and his ability to use it as a bathroom for awhile. Confine him to a smaller area and take him out more often perhaps? Set him up for success and praise the crap out of him when he goes outside. If it continues or increases, you should take him to the vet. Perhaps he has a urinary infection or ?
    That's my opinion.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Pebbles is two and has been potty trained forever. However, anytime I put a blanket, towel, or bed in her crate she will pee on them. The only thing I can think of is she knows the material will absorb the urine so she note going to have to lay in it, it must be OK. Anyone else have any ideas I would love to hear them also, I hate that I can't trust her to use her comfy bed.

  5. #5
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    OK I seriously think Bullies have OCD of peeing on blankets, pillows, towels, ect....... Cooper is potty trained as well....but every time he gets on the bed and I see him on a pillow or digging the blanket to a ball I am like Cooper you better not pee!!!!! Gracie and Cooper both use to do it all the time. You would let Gracie on the couch and if there was a pillow or blanket on there she would go right over and pee on it! I think I have told this story before but I will tell again...... My 7 year old daughter was having a "moment" crying and acting like a big baby cuz she wanted me or her dad to go down stair and get her mini couch thing that fold out to a bed....it is foam and it very light...we were having movie night and I told her if she wanted it she can go get it...I was busy....so she cried for 20 minutes and finally went down and got it. She put it on the floor in the living room and went to go get a blanket.....I watched Cooper walk right over and get on her little couch thing and yep there he went popped a squat and peed on it!!! My hubby and I could not help but laugh and my daughter come out and when she sees what he did the water works start again....... my son had his couch upstair too and Coop peed on that too!!! I threw them away!!! lol..... I trust him now and he is potty trained but seriously I still worry about what he is thinking and that he will pee if there is a pillow or blanket looking lonely! lol

  6. #6
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    @elyrig I must have missed your intro maybe!!???? Not Sure! But OMG that is such a good looking unique bully! I want him even if he is pees on blankets!!!

  7. #7
    Newbie operationajax's Avatar
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    17
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Axl
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Dang, I go pee more than three times a day, allowing Angus a minimum of three pee sessions is kind of harsh. Five - six times a day [more during the summer] would be a better choice which in turn might have a better effect on him abating his territory marking behavior...remember, A HAPPY DOG IS A WELL-BEHAVED DOG!!!!
    Last edited by operationajax; 04-12-2012 at 06:37 AM.

  8. #8
    Bulldog Walker jen74401's Avatar
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    281
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    OK I seriously think Bullies have OCD of peeing on blankets, pillows, towels, ect....... Cooper is potty trained as well....but every time he gets on the bed and I see him on a pillow or digging the blanket to a ball I am like Cooper you better not pee!!!!! Gracie and Cooper both use to do it all the time. You would let Gracie on the couch and if there was a pillow or blanket on there she would go right over and pee on it! I think I have told this story before but I will tell again...... My 7 year old daughter was having a "moment" crying and acting like a big baby cuz she wanted me or her dad to go down stair and get her mini couch thing that fold out to a bed....it is foam and it very light...we were having movie night and I told her if she wanted it she can go get it...I was busy....so she cried for 20 minutes and finally went down and got it. She put it on the floor in the living room and went to go get a blanket.....I watched Cooper walk right over and get on her little couch thing and yep there he went popped a squat and peed on it!!! My hubby and I could not help but laugh and my daughter come out and when she sees what he did the water works start again....... my son had his couch upstair too and Coop peed on that too!!! I threw them away!!! lol..... I trust him now and he is potty trained but seriously I still worry about what he is thinking and that he will pee if there is a pillow or blanket looking lonely! lol
    haha, Beefy does like a stretch pee like he's trying to be all sneaky. He'll be on the bed playing with his toy and then he'll just stretttttch and tinkle on my fave blanket.

  9. #9
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Quote Originally Posted by jen74401 View Post
    haha, Beefy does like a stretch pee like he's trying to be all sneaky. He'll be on the bed playing with his toy and then he'll just stretttttch and tinkle on my fave blanket.
    O yes that is what I am talking about when he is on my bed he will do that stretch thing and I look at him my heart drops and I say you better not be peeing on my pillow! lol Luckily Coop and Gracie did grow out of this!! Thank God!! FYI I love the name Beefy!!!!! Totally fits a bully and he is a cutie...Did you get that from Ron and Big....he is a solid white bully just like that beefy too!! So cute!

  10. #10
    Bulldog Walker jen74401's Avatar
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    281
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    O yes that is what I am talking about when he is on my bed he will do that stretch thing and I look at him my heart drops and I say you better not be peeing on my pillow! lol Luckily Coop and Gracie did grow out of this!! Thank God!! FYI I love the name Beefy!!!!! Totally fits a bully and he is a cutie...Did you get that from Ron and Big....he is a solid white bully just like that beefy too!! So cute!
    My son named him and he's a huge fan of that show. My husband had served in the Marine Corp and I was originally going to go with a Marine type name. Then Bryce, my son, begged for the name Beefy. As a mom, I'm a bit soft when it comes to my kids si I agreed. Every time people hear his name they laugh so it's good for bringing a smile to him face, lol.

    I had to stick Beefy's bed in the washer last night, I think he's been dribbling on it too.

  11. #11
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Quote Originally Posted by jen74401 View Post
    My son named him and he's a huge fan of that show. My husband had served in the Marine Corp and I was originally going to go with a Marine type name. Then Bryce, my son, begged for the name Beefy. As a mom, I'm a bit soft when it comes to my kids si I agreed. Every time people hear his name they laugh so it's good for bringing a smile to him face, lol.

    I had to stick Beefy's bed in the washer last night, I think he's been dribbling on it too.
    Cooper would randomly pee on my other dogs bed. He tends to lay in griffens bed over his and he is about to big for it. But he use to dribble and pee here and there on it. He also was a nervous or scared dribbler. If he got spooked he is such a wimp he would run scared and dribble the whole way to wherever he was going. I hated that. My other dog use to do it too but they both grew out of it! Coop now more licks so I am always smelling pillows and stuff but it is just slobber i think....well i hope that what it is when I feel wet spots

  12. #12
    Bulldog Walker jen74401's Avatar
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    281
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Cooper would randomly pee on my other dogs bed. He tends to lay in griffens bed over his and he is about to big for it. But he use to dribble and pee here and there on it. He also was a nervous or scared dribbler. If he got spooked he is such a wimp he would run scared and dribble the whole way to wherever he was going. I hated that. My other dog use to do it too but they both grew out of it! Coop now more licks so I am always smelling pillows and stuff but it is just slobber i think....well i hope that what it is when I feel wet spots
    I do that with Beefy. My pillow will be wet and I'm like "ughhh, Beefy!" Then I do the sniff test, "oops, never mind, just drool." lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •