Peeing in his bed!

JamesWeberTs

Aug 10, 2015
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Goldy
Two possibilities: Could be a medical reason such as a bladder infection. Please have her urine checked by your vet. Could be U.T.I, or diabetes, or some other infection.If you have eliminated that possibility, it is most likely territorial marking, just like dogs do when they lift their leg outside. Even females will mark with urine. You either have to figure out why the dogs feels the need to mark your bed ( is for example, a new person sleeping in the bed?) If you cannot change the factor that is causing the dog to mark your bed with urine, the only option is to restrict access to the bed. Keep the door to the bedroom closed unless you or someone else is in the room. The dog will probably not pee on the bed unless he is alone. If, on the other hand, you see him doing it, correcting him at that time might help.

Good Luck.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If he has been doing it this long,and has no medical problem-you have to be trained to keep blankets up, and don't allow him on the bed! Sometimes we "gotta' do what we gotta' do!" This seems to be more common in the bullie breed,even some females, from what I have observed!

Meaty

Sep 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty Diego
Our precious Meaty will pee on anything he claims as his bed..We have a huge leather ottoman that he lays on in the den and yes he marked it. When he slept in a crate he would pee in there and he pees on his bed. He went in our son's room one day when no one was home and got up on his platform bed and peed. It drives me crazy. I got him a new bed and ofcourse he waited until I went to bed to pee on it. Then I washed it and he came in and took a nap on it. Then before getting up to go outside via doggy door he waited for me to turn my head back to my computer and yeap he peed on it..I am at a loss as to what to do..my husband said just leave it, but I don't want things to smell like pee.....UUUGGGHHH...bulldog troubles :excited:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
When you get to a breaking point You will be trained. Rogan used to do the same thing when he was young. The boys grew up in apartments. Rogan went to nothing in his apartment and Emmitt had everything. We stayed on Rogans ***. Outside three times more than Emmitt. Both are almost angels today but I had to turn into (Weesie says I always have been not turned) the hard ***. You will get sick of hunting the pee smell, washing and stepping into and etc. Get tough...

View attachment 91452

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our precious Meaty will pee on anything he claims as his bed..We have a huge leather ottoman that he lays on in the den and yes he marked it. When he slept in a crate he would pee in there and he pees on his bed. He went in our son's room one day when no one was home and got up on his platform bed and peed. It drives me crazy. I got him a new bed and ofcourse he waited until I went to bed to pee on it. Then I washed it and he came in and took a nap on it. Then before getting up to go outside via doggy door he waited for me to turn my head back to my computer and yeap he peed on it..I am at a loss as to what to do..my husband said just leave it, but I don't want things to smell like pee.....UUUGGGHHH...bulldog troubles :excited:

no bedding or furniture until he is fully trained.... he will get it. Also, tight strict potty schedule will also help.

Snick1427

Mar 7, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
My bulldog pees on her bed as well. One time I put a blanket on the couch under her and she peed on that too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.