Peeing in his bed!

elyrig

Feb 16, 2012
SO-CAL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Eddie
Angus is good about holding it. I take him out three times a day. same time everyday, but for some reason he pees in his bed. One of his crate doors stays open so he can walk out andView attachment 19345 go potty. In the living room we have a blanket so he can lay down but he keeps peeing on it. He doesn't go anywhere else in the house. He's good to usually go outside and potty. Is he marking his territory? What can I do to stop him from doing this!! Help!

Attachments

• IMAG1319.jpg
    IMAG1319.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 925

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes, he seems like he is marking... is he doing this in front of you or when you are not at home?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'd remove the blanket and his ability to use it as a bathroom for awhile. Confine him to a smaller area and take him out more often perhaps? Set him up for success and praise the crap out of him when he goes outside. If it continues or increases, you should take him to the vet. Perhaps he has a urinary infection or ?
That's my opinion.

Pebblesmom

Apr 21, 2010
Pebbles is two and has been potty trained forever. However, anytime I put a blanket, towel, or bed in her crate she will pee on them. The only thing I can think of is she knows the material will absorb the urine so she note going to have to lay in it, it must be OK. Anyone else have any ideas I would love to hear them also, I hate that I can't trust her to use her comfy bed.

C

Cooper11

OK I seriously think Bullies have OCD of peeing on blankets, pillows, towels, ect....... Cooper is potty trained as well....but every time he gets on the bed and I see him on a pillow or digging the blanket to a ball I am like Cooper you better not pee!!!!! Gracie and Cooper both use to do it all the time. You would let Gracie on the couch and if there was a pillow or blanket on there she would go right over and pee on it! I think I have told this story before but I will tell again...... My 7 year old daughter was having a "moment" crying and acting like a big baby cuz she wanted me or her dad to go down stair and get her mini couch thing that fold out to a bed....it is foam and it very light...we were having movie night and I told her if she wanted it she can go get it...I was busy....so she cried for 20 minutes and finally went down and got it. She put it on the floor in the living room and went to go get a blanket.....I watched Cooper walk right over and get on her little couch thing and yep there he went popped a squat and peed on it!!! My hubby and I could not help but laugh and my daughter come out and when she sees what he did the water works start again....... my son had his couch upstair too and Coop peed on that too!!! :eek: :cursing: I threw them away!!! lol..... I trust him now and he is potty trained but seriously I still worry about what he is thinking and that he will pee if there is a pillow or blanket looking lonely! lol

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4324]elyrig[/MENTION] I must have missed your intro maybe!!???? Not Sure! But OMG :luv: that is such a good looking unique bully! I want him even if he is pees on blankets!!! :yes:

operationajax

Feb 16, 2012
Connecticut
Bulldog(s) Names
Axl
Dang, I go pee more than three times a day, allowing Angus a minimum of three pee sessions is kind of harsh. Five - six times a day [more during the summer] would be a better choice which in turn might have a better effect on him abating his territory marking behavior...remember, A HAPPY DOG IS A WELL-BEHAVED DOG!!!!

Last edited:

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
OK I seriously think Bullies have OCD of peeing on blankets, pillows, towels, ect....... Cooper is potty trained as well....but every time he gets on the bed and I see him on a pillow or digging the blanket to a ball I am like Cooper you better not pee!!!!! Gracie and Cooper both use to do it all the time. You would let Gracie on the couch and if there was a pillow or blanket on there she would go right over and pee on it! I think I have told this story before but I will tell again...... My 7 year old daughter was having a "moment" crying and acting like a big baby cuz she wanted me or her dad to go down stair and get her mini couch thing that fold out to a bed....it is foam and it very light...we were having movie night and I told her if she wanted it she can go get it...I was busy....so she cried for 20 minutes and finally went down and got it. She put it on the floor in the living room and went to go get a blanket.....I watched Cooper walk right over and get on her little couch thing and yep there he went popped a squat and peed on it!!! My hubby and I could not help but laugh and my daughter come out and when she sees what he did the water works start again....... my son had his couch upstair too and Coop peed on that too!!! :eek: :cursing: I threw them away!!! lol..... I trust him now and he is potty trained but seriously I still worry about what he is thinking and that he will pee if there is a pillow or blanket looking lonely! lol

haha, Beefy does like a stretch pee like he's trying to be all sneaky. He'll be on the bed playing with his toy and then he'll just stretttttch and tinkle on my fave blanket.

C

Cooper11

haha, Beefy does like a stretch pee like he's trying to be all sneaky. He'll be on the bed playing with his toy and then he'll just stretttttch and tinkle on my fave blanket.

O yes that is what I am talking about when he is on my bed he will do that stretch thing and I look at him my heart drops and I say you better not be peeing on my pillow! lol Luckily Coop and Gracie did grow out of this!! Thank God!! FYI I love the name Beefy!!!!! Totally fits a bully and he is a cutie...Did you get that from Ron and Big....he is a solid white bully just like that beefy too!! So cute!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
O yes that is what I am talking about when he is on my bed he will do that stretch thing and I look at him my heart drops and I say you better not be peeing on my pillow! lol Luckily Coop and Gracie did grow out of this!! Thank God!! FYI I love the name Beefy!!!!! Totally fits a bully and he is a cutie...Did you get that from Ron and Big....he is a solid white bully just like that beefy too!! So cute!

My son named him and he's a huge fan of that show. My husband had served in the Marine Corp and I was originally going to go with a Marine type name. Then Bryce, my son, begged for the name Beefy. As a mom, I'm a bit soft when it comes to my kids si I agreed. Every time people hear his name they laugh so it's good for bringing a smile to him face, lol.

I had to stick Beefy's bed in the washer last night, I think he's been dribbling on it too.

C

Cooper11

My son named him and he's a huge fan of that show. My husband had served in the Marine Corp and I was originally going to go with a Marine type name. Then Bryce, my son, begged for the name Beefy. As a mom, I'm a bit soft when it comes to my kids si I agreed. Every time people hear his name they laugh so it's good for bringing a smile to him face, lol.

I had to stick Beefy's bed in the washer last night, I think he's been dribbling on it too.

Cooper would randomly pee on my other dogs bed. He tends to lay in griffens bed over his and he is about to big for it. But he use to dribble and pee here and there on it. He also was a nervous or scared dribbler. If he got spooked he is such a wimp he would run scared and dribble the whole way to wherever he was going. I hated that. My other dog use to do it too but they both grew out of it! :) Coop now more licks so I am always smelling pillows and stuff but it is just slobber i think....well i hope that what it is when I feel wet spots :rofl:

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Cooper would randomly pee on my other dogs bed. He tends to lay in griffens bed over his and he is about to big for it. But he use to dribble and pee here and there on it. He also was a nervous or scared dribbler. If he got spooked he is such a wimp he would run scared and dribble the whole way to wherever he was going. I hated that. My other dog use to do it too but they both grew out of it! :) Coop now more licks so I am always smelling pillows and stuff but it is just slobber i think....well i hope that what it is when I feel wet spots :rofl:

I do that with Beefy. My pillow will be wet and I'm like "ughhh, Beefy!" Then I do the sniff test, "oops, never mind, just drool." lol

Jlashae315

Aug 4, 2015
Country
u.s.
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamlet
So I know that this seems to be a problem with English Bulldogs, but does anyone have a solution? My English Bulldog Hamlet has had this problem for as long as we've owned him (1 1/2) He is potty trained and has a doggy door. He only pees on "bedding" whether that be our bed or his bed or blankets. It's the oddest thing and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to help him. He doesn't have "bladder issues" he'll go for weeks and not pee but if lay a blanket on the ground, he will bee line for it.He will go pee outside and then come inside and right in front of me pee on his bedding. He does have a leather couch that he lies on, that he never pees on ever. But if you lie down anything of cloth material, he pees on it. It will be brand new bedding and he pees. I've read to never punish him and I haven't but does anyone have a solution? Oh and we don't have any kids. Thank you!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So I know that this seems to be a problem with English Bulldogs, but does anyone have a solution? My English Bulldog Hamlet has had this problem for as long as we've owned him (1 1/2) He is potty trained and has a doggy door. He only pees on "bedding" whether that be our bed or his bed or blankets. It's the oddest thing and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to help him. He doesn't have "bladder issues" he'll go for weeks and not pee but if lay a blanket on the ground, he will bee line for it.He will go pee outside and then come inside and right in front of me pee on his bedding. He does have a leather couch that he lies on, that he never pees on ever. But if you lie down anything of cloth material, he pees on it. It will be brand new bedding and he pees. I've read to never punish him and I haven't but does anyone have a solution? Oh and we don't have any kids. Thank you!

Yeah, apparently it's a thing. Some dogs pee on bedding. Bella pees on her own dog bedding (but not on my bed or the couch), so I removed all bedding from her crate.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

It can be a dominance thing, but some dogs just will always do it.... You will need to restrict bedding in crates, on floor and if peeing on your bed then no access to the bed --- sucks but no other way to prevent if it is dominance

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.