Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peeing in his bed!

Country
    u.s.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hamlet
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Peeing in his bed!

So I know that this seems to be a problem with English Bulldogs, but does anyone have a solution? My English Bulldog Hamlet has had this problem for as long as we've owned him (1 1/2) He is potty trained and has a doggy door. He only pees on "bedding" whether that be our bed or his bed or blankets. It's the oddest thing and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to help him. He doesn't have "bladder issues" he'll go for weeks and not pee but if lay a blanket on the ground, he will bee line for it.He will go pee outside and then come inside and right in front of me pee on his bedding. He does have a leather couch that he lies on, that he never pees on ever. But if you lie down anything of cloth material, he pees on it. It will be brand new bedding and he pees. I've read to never punish him and I haven't but does anyone have a solution? Oh and we don't have any kids. Thank you!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jlashae315 View Post
    So I know that this seems to be a problem with English Bulldogs, but does anyone have a solution? My English Bulldog Hamlet has had this problem for as long as we've owned him (1 1/2) He is potty trained and has a doggy door. He only pees on "bedding" whether that be our bed or his bed or blankets. It's the oddest thing and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to help him. He doesn't have "bladder issues" he'll go for weeks and not pee but if lay a blanket on the ground, he will bee line for it.He will go pee outside and then come inside and right in front of me pee on his bedding. He does have a leather couch that he lies on, that he never pees on ever. But if you lie down anything of cloth material, he pees on it. It will be brand new bedding and he pees. I've read to never punish him and I haven't but does anyone have a solution? Oh and we don't have any kids. Thank you!
    Yeah, apparently it's a thing. Some dogs pee on bedding. Bella pees on her own dog bedding (but not on my bed or the couch), so I removed all bedding from her crate.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jlashae315 View Post
    It can be a dominance thing, but some dogs just will always do it.... You will need to restrict bedding in crates, on floor and if peeing on your bed then no access to the bed --- sucks but no other way to prevent if it is dominance
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

5. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    James Weber
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goldy
    Likes (Received)

Two possibilities: Could be a medical reason such as a bladder infection. Please have her urine checked by your vet. Could be U.T.I, or diabetes, or some other infection.If you have eliminated that possibility, it is most likely territorial marking, just like dogs do when they lift their leg outside. Even females will mark with urine. You either have to figure out why the dogs feels the need to mark your bed ( is for example, a new person sleeping in the bed?) If you cannot change the factor that is causing the dog to mark your bed with urine, the only option is to restrict access to the bed. Keep the door to the bedroom closed unless you or someone else is in the room. The dog will probably not pee on the bed unless he is alone. If, on the other hand, you see him doing it, correcting him at that time might help.

Good Luck.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

If he has been doing it this long,and has no medical problem-you have to be trained to keep blankets up, and don't allow him on the bed! Sometimes we "gotta' do what we gotta' do!" This seems to be more common in the bullie breed,even some females, from what I have observed!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meaty Diego
    Likes (Received)

Our precious Meaty will pee on anything he claims as his bed..We have a huge leather ottoman that he lays on in the den and yes he marked it. When he slept in a crate he would pee in there and he pees on his bed. He went in our son's room one day when no one was home and got up on his platform bed and peed. It drives me crazy. I got him a new bed and ofcourse he waited until I went to bed to pee on it. Then I washed it and he came in and took a nap on it. Then before getting up to go outside via doggy door he waited for me to turn my head back to my computer and yeap he peed on it..I am at a loss as to what to do..my husband said just leave it, but I don't want things to smell like pee.....UUUGGGHHH...bulldog troubles

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

When you get to a breaking point You will be trained. Rogan used to do the same thing when he was young. The boys grew up in apartments. Rogan went to nothing in his apartment and Emmitt had everything. We stayed on Rogans ***. Outside three times more than Emmitt. Both are almost angels today but I had to turn into (Weesie says I always have been not turned) the hard ***. You will get sick of hunting the pee smell, washing and stepping into and etc. Get tough...

Attachment 91452

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Meaty View Post
    Our precious Meaty will pee on anything he claims as his bed..We have a huge leather ottoman that he lays on in the den and yes he marked it. When he slept in a crate he would pee in there and he pees on his bed. He went in our son's room one day when no one was home and got up on his platform bed and peed. It drives me crazy. I got him a new bed and ofcourse he waited until I went to bed to pee on it. Then I washed it and he came in and took a nap on it. Then before getting up to go outside via doggy door he waited for me to turn my head back to my computer and yeap he peed on it..I am at a loss as to what to do..my husband said just leave it, but I don't want things to smell like pee.....UUUGGGHHH...bulldog troubles
    no bedding or furniture until he is fully trained.... he will get it. Also, tight strict potty schedule will also help.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

My bulldog pees on her bed as well. One time I put a blanket on the couch under her and she peed on that too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads