Kain biting our Yorkie when he thinks he's playing

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Not sure what to think or if my Yorkie is just being a baby but when Kain goes to play with her she just melts to the floor and sits there, Kain is in a crouched play position and trys to bite her legs, when he puts her full leg in his mouth like a bone she will snap back and squeal but he doesn't let up or quit.

Anyone have tips on how to work him through this? I've been doing the corrective "Shhht" and backing him off to the bed and replace with a bone / chew toy but he kinda wants to play and she is just too small, fragile, and at 7 years old not wanting to play so rinse and repeat daily.

I'm quite confident that I will have the same success like I have with all his other training but wanted to see what your guys opinion may be on the subject.

Thx!
Vince

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Are his spikey baby teeth still there? Puppy teeth are horrible and can easily hurt anyone unintentionally. His adult teeth will be much better for playing. For now I would redirect him, or spray him with water to let him know he's being too much.

Don't let the energy escalate too much until he learns how to play gently with a little dog. It's good training for him.. Poppy's favorite dogs are Chis and she nuzzles them and knows not to bowl them over like she would others.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Almost all 12 top and bottom front are now in, both top k9 are just popping through, bottom haven't fell out yet.

Sometimes I think my yorkie should just put him in his place but with my 2 yorkie before that led to brutal fights. I'm correcting before it goes anywhere, I may try the can idea with coins, not a fan of spraying water though. Probably not a can person either, I generally follow Ceasers methods type of thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
To me it seems as if your yorkie is submitting to Kain. She may be letting him know she understands her position.lol Their language..My moms boxer did that to Brutus all the time and she was bigger and he didnt really bite her when they played. She is just a very submissive dog. Either way that must be an adorable couple!!! Pictures pleeeeease :)

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
She is defiantly submissive and gives in to him. Looking forward to when he just wants to lay nice with her.

Will try for more photos and maybe video training tommorow.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh well if he is anything like Brutus...may take a while ... he is 9 months and doesnt ever stop going..he is the energizer battery [MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION]

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Almost all 12 top and bottom front are now in, both top k9 are just popping through, bottom haven't fell out yet.

Sometimes I think my yorkie should just put him in his place but with my 2 yorkie before that led to brutal fights. I'm correcting before it goes anywhere, I may try the can idea with coins, not a fan of spraying water though. Probably not a can person either, I generally follow Ceasers methods type of thing.

I taught them a "gentle" command to use around children and other situations. I don't remember how it started but most of it is energy, I stay firm and calm when I'm saying it and they tread lightly or lay down.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.