Stack Training

canis

Feb 24, 2012
Bruce County, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Lizzy
I've decided to show Lizzy. She is 4 months old now and I've been working with her on the lead...she's doing well. I'm beginning stack training and need to know any suggestions, tutorials, etc...that may help me. She's not one much to sit still. I will have a handler show her, but I need to train her. Any suggestions?

DSC02718.jpg

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
A big mirror and practise in front of it. I always like to teach hand stacking and bait stacking. An old trick my aunt use to.do is put bricks on the table and stacking like that. I think it.was a.more to.get.them to be still. If.i.can find pics ill post later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
Lizzy is Beautiful! Is this your first time showing? I would highly recommend attending a confirmation class with her.
The only other thing I can suggest is repetition! I practiced so hard with my show girl Calli that she would lift her front
paws up for me to place them.:D Good luck in the ring

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would give her the 1. price just for sitting like that! I don't have any real advise, for I'm struggling with Usko's show training. He just don't stay still, so I'm "all ears" as well...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have no advice but i just wanted to say your bully is very beautiful.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3281]BiggieSmalls[/MENTION] and a few other show... they should be along to give some tips.

Lizzy is a beauty

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
my oh my what a pretty lady she is! I'd say practice alot in front of a mirror. The more you practice the more you will improve and the mirror helps you see what the judges will see

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=3100]wautersa[/MENTION] and her bf Matt made a stacking box and has pix on here somewhere of Chuy, their puppy, using it. Its a pretty neat idea for stack training.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.