Digging and rock chewing..

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
My 7 month old female likes to dig and chew/tries too eat rocks:nonono::nonono: Is this just normal puppy behavior that she will out grow??:bully:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oooh! Don't let her eat rocks!!!! The breeder who sold me Wilson said that one of pups was eating rocks and they had to remove them from the stomach surgically. Also be careful not to clean the barbecue or let any food residue fall in that area as the smell will make the rocks seem like a tasty treat.

Last edited:

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Penny tries to pick up rocks & mulch (always has) when on walks. The best things we did was teach her "leave it."

Good luck! Keep a close eye on her

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Penny tries to pick up rocks & mulch (always has) when on walks. The best things we did was teach her "leave it."

Good luck! Keep a close eye on her
Thanks! I do keep an eye on her.....she is never outside alone. When I see she has something in her mouth I walk towards her and she hurries and tries too eat it because she knows I'm going too take it from her.

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Oooh! Don't let her eat rocks!!!! The breeder who sold me Wilson said that one of pups was eating rocks and they had to remove them from the stomach surgically. Also be careful not to clean the barbecue or let any food residue fall in that area as the smell will make the rocks seem like a tasty treat

I don't let her eat them I get them out asap but she eats everything! you would think she never gets feed!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yea, rocks could be harder on the digestion than the sand and :poo: that a few of the boys around here like to eat.

I think [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said something recently about one of hers who likes rocks too.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I suppose bark mulch would be the same? It's all over our flower beds, should I be proactive and remove it all sooner than later?

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I suppose bark mulch would be the same? It's all over our flower beds, should I be proactive and remove it all sooner than later?

Oh....she is also trying too eat the bark off our tree. It has bare spots!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Thanks! I do keep an eye on her.....she is never outside alone. When I see she has something in her mouth I walk towards her and she hurries and tries too eat it because she knows I'm going too take it from her.

You might practice "drop it" as well. See if you can get her to trade a treat for something if she has it. Penny scarfed down a cotton ball the other day when she saw me come toward her! I know how frustrating it is.

Good luck! I might be a minority, but I wouldn't remove your mulch. I would try to teach her the rules of being outside first.

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
[MENTION=2594]MissPennyLue[/MENTION] Thanks for the advice.....she tried eating a big ugly worm today!:eek:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep --- this one of Banks favs as a puppy... she grew out of it, as well as, LOTS of training

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.