new dog attacks me! UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
Well, i did some searching on the internet and i experimented with something. It's not about yelling. It's about loud noises.

I decided to desensitize him to it. So i got a treat from the frig. I saw he was on my bed and i slammed my hand on the wall as hard as i could...

and he came at me. So i gave him the treat thinking that maybe he'll associate loud noises with GOOD things. We'll see if it works.

Shows you how "keeping on thinking" is the way to go.

(Oh, and i know you guys NEVER yell at your houses....oh, please.) TOTALLY missing the point. You're NOT a group of dog trainers - that's for sure!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I wouldnt suggest that either because it seems as if you will be rewarding him for coming after you! It may confuse him. There are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge..They will be by to give their advice as well...They have worked with the breed for a very long time and rescued many dogs! They will not steer you in the wrong diretion! This site and everyone on this site has helped so many!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
<lol> with the sarcastic approach again.

Anyway, you will be treating your dog for attacking you. Your on the right track to de-sensatize but you have to earn the dogs trust while exploring noises that set him off so it's not an issue anymore.

Sorry but I won't go to any more detail as it's unappreciated anyway.

P.S. Here is a video of my 12 week puppy, I may be a crappy trainer as you suggest but I think i'm doing alright.

Last edited:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
You know what? If you think that no one here knows anything about bulldogs and dog training/personalities of bulldogs and you are unhappy with everyone giving you the same responses...then just go away...and listen to the other web site that suggested you praise him for coming to him with loud noises. Ok. I'm done. It just annoys me when you are obviously not happy with all the responses to your questions on here and you keep coming back to criticize Just go elsewhere to find someone that agrees with you. Sorry to everyone on here I'd I'm harsh....it's just annoying as hell when people ask opinions and they don't really want them and are rude to all of is'

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I think it's best to find another home for him. Maybe a home with one person or a more mellow home will work best for everyone?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Due to the confrontational nature of this thread this topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.