Toy agressive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We are taking in my brother in laws rot. She is alpha which is fine cause tank our bulldog isnt. She is very toy aggressive though how do we break that? Otherwise things are going great. Just concerned about the growling of toys when tanks near her when she has one

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

C

Cooper11

That is a hard one but you better keep a close eye on that Rot with your EB if he is like that with his toys. I wold just say keep telling him NO in a firm voice and maybe even take the toy away.....Otherwise you may have to just buy to of everything lol! Good Luck and I am curious how things will turn out! Does she growl at you when you come near her...is she like this with food too...I am assuming she has done this for awhile and it may be a very hard habit to break! How old is the rot?

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The rot is 6 tank is only 16m old. She don't do it to humans or the kids and was fine wig treats so far its just toys.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Also Heidi the rot is massively overweight. She is Gavin issues with the stairs so we are gonna have to really work with her

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh dear me, it sounds like you have your hands full. I would suggest you and the humans in the family be the dominant ones and a good place to start would be the Cesar Way. Give in this order of importance, Exercise, obedience, food, and then attention.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She found the cats earlier and got a beating from one of them. Were hoping there wont be issues but taking precausions just in case. Were hoping it will work out but only time will tell

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Toy aggression is a tough one.... buying two of each item does not solve the issue... she will just always want what Tank has regardless. We had the issue with Banks as a puppy, it was a long road of making sure she realized we were alpha and whenever she acted this way --- water bottle squirt right to the face with a firm no.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We started with a water bottle for when she growls. Were having to alternate between when shes out and the cats are out shes also food aggressive. My brother in law is working on finding her a different home as we have already had one dog fight and that is enough for me

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.