Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
and give her a kiss from us:walk: :thankyou:

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Definitely worth a shot for sure. She just ate, so I'm gonna let her chill for a bit, and then give it a go thanks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
And yes I am home all day at the moment. When I take her out we're out for 20-30 minutes. And I take her out like 8 times a day lol. Talk about a thick head sheesh haha

Btw, was talking about me dog not you or anyone else here lol, I just re-read that and it kinda sounded like it could be taken that way. Whoops!

no worries -- all is good. Wow - she is a stubborn little :poo:

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
no worries -- all is good. Wow - she is a stubborn little :poo:

You better believe it!! I'm going to make a youtube channel for her, and her progress for me to look back on and help other people with dogs that are like this. I know if I had somewhere to get help in my specific problem right now I'd be all over it. She's lucky she's so damn cute...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
So it's 12:20, and I sat out there for 45 min...with the pads. And not a drop of anything...

Nothing works with this dog :[

She has been responding very well with the collar though, and I got her to follow me off leash which I thought was pretty impressive. She can be really smart when she wants to be, but when it comes to the bathroom something is going on in her head. I think she's afraid to go in front of me, or just afraid to go period...What a horrible phobia to have...

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Hang in there! One of these days you will break her. Will she "go" off leash at a dog park? The combo of other dogs plus excitement plus smells might give her the kick she needs. That's where you jump in and praise the heck outta her, lol. Stick with it. It may not seem like it now but you are doing such a good thing giving her a home and rules and structure. Who knows what happened to the poor girl in the past that made her so fearful of "going". Anyway you can only focus on the future. It will work out.

If it makes you feel better it took MONTHS for me to train my boy to stop crapping on the floor (and eating it!!). We all have our hard times lol.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Hang in there! One of these days you will break her. Will she "go" off leash at a dog park? The combo of other dogs plus excitement plus smells might give her the kick she needs. That's where you jump in and praise the heck outta her, lol. Stick with it. It may not seem like it now but you are doing such a good thing giving her a home and rules and structure. Who knows what happened to the poor girl in the past that made her so fearful of "going". Anyway you can only focus on the future. It will work out.

If it makes you feel better it took MONTHS for me to train my boy to stop crapping on the floor (and eating it!!). We all have our hard times lol.

Wow, thanks man.

It may sound corny, but you guys really are helping me out and keeping me level headed. All the words of encouragement are very awesome, and whenever I read a post like that it gets my head out of the gutter. It's just very stressful right now because we just moved into a new apartment, and we don't want to ruin anything. And we don't want to ruin her anymore then she already is. I'm scared of causing more issues by correcting her incorrectly. Ugh, driving me crazy!!

We were at a little park and I figured if no one was there I would try to get her to follow me off leash while no one is around. And she followed me around a path with little problems. She had it figured out pretty quick. We are thinking about going and living at my parents house for a little bit where she can hang out with my other bully chester. And learn his routine, and how he works. When they hang out she take a lot of interest in him. A little too much actually lol, she tries to woo him into doing the do haha! But its like once I take her out she just sits there. She has no interest at all in being out there, and can't wait to go home. I need to loosen her up a bit. So we also plan on borrowing my neighbors pit bull missy who is an amazing dog. She's looks and acts just like Daddy on the dog whisperer, so she would be a great dog for her to learn from as well. But she has more energy then my boy Chester, so I figured this would be better to get her to maybe play a little bit. She'll see Missy playing and maybe see its ok to have a little fun. There needs to be some kind of positive vibe there otherwise she just won't care.

Here's the thing that's really been driving me up the wall though. Take this morning for example. I wake up, she pooped in her cage. Stunk up my whole apartment, so I take her out bathe her, and take her for a walk. Nothing. Come in, feed her/water her. As she's cleaning up the scraps, I sit down for ONE second, and she comes over and pees right on the rug. I don't yell, but I put her in her crate so I can clean it up. Start cleaning the pee, and she poops in her crate while I'm doing so!!! Once again, I don't yell or anything. I took her our cleaned her cage, and put her back in. Is that ok? Should I be doing something else? And it's like, why take her out after she just went to the bathroom on my rug. She doesn't have to go, and I think it's confusing her because she's not getting why. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks again for all the positive reinforcement, really means a lot, and helps tremendously when I get a little down on myself.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Relax, if you can. She is very very confused obviously. Poor thing, good she has you. Love and safety will make her feel secure. Secure enough to pooh in front of you? hope so. That's a good idea, another dog around her, remind her she's just like that. Your neighbors dog sounds like a great idea. Will he let you walk just the two of them alone? Often?

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Relax, if you can. She is very very confused obviously. Poor thing, good she has you. Love and safety will make her feel secure. Secure enough to pooh in front of you? hope so. That's a good idea, another dog around her, remind her she's just like that. Your neighbors dog sounds like a great idea. Will he let you walk just the two of them alone? Often?

We called her up and she's cool with us babysitting her from time to time, and take her for walks whenever. So I think we're going to start utilizing that more now. She's an awesome dog, and I love her. I'll take pics one day of them both together.

A little issue now that we're running into is she has no problem soiling her cage :[

So its like even though we do the right thing, she will rather sit in her own muck then go outside. That means waking up to her covered in poop every morning...I don't think so. So we decided to let her do her thing in the bathroom at night so she's not holding it for the cage. I need to find a way around that because I feel like letting her do it is just empowering her issue even more. But I can't make her wait like that. I had trouble falling asleep last night thinking she was in a lot of pain. This is just going to take a LONG time I think.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Have you tried putting her poop outside where you want her to go? As well as soiled pads not new outside? The scent of previous times should trigger the "ok" to go. Wow not sure what I'd do first to be honest.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Definitely try the not looking at her when she is outside, when we adopted our 4 yr old frenchie 6 weeks ago she would only go to the bathroom inside. After a few weeks we were outside one morning and I dropped her leash and she literally walked like 15 yards away from me and went!! It was amazing, I guess she just wanted to go further away from us. She will still have an accident in the house once in awhile, but it went from 5 a day to maybe 1 or 2 a week! Its all about routine, we just bring her out at least every two hours and if she doesn't go we will bring her over to where Gio peed and once she smells it she goes. Also when Gio is going to the bathroom we just praise him and clap so when she sees that she usually goes right away. Good luck, don't give up you will get there eventually!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It really sounds like her life was almost one of a Puppy Mill dog!!! I would definitely stop using the crate as a punishment or a time out ... because if her life HAS been one of a puppy mill dog or close to that then she will have got used to pooping and peeing in it. So to her way of thinking ... you're basically putting into her own personal toilet! I would keep the crate use to the barest minimum because there is a strong chance that the crate represents her past life. Let her know that pooping and peeing in the house is not good but also approach her with this simple knowledge. You have a special needs bully ... she will get up to speed eventually but sounds like she is emotionally and mentally starved right now. You may have a bully in an adult body, but sounds like emotionally you have a puppy. So from this day onwards start from the very beginning and pretend you have a 12 week old baby. I think that will help you if you treat her that way. And it will give her the time she needs to now grow with you as her guide.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
It really sounds like her life was almost one of a Puppy Mill dog!!! I would definitely stop using the crate as a punishment or a time out ... because if her life HAS been one of a puppy mill dog or close to that then she will have got used to pooping and peeing in it. So to her way of thinking ... you're basically putting into her own personal toilet! I would keep the crate use to the barest minimum because there is a strong chance that the crate represents her past life. Let her know that pooping and peeing in the house is not good but also approach her with this simple knowledge. You have a special needs bully ... she will get up to speed eventually but sounds like she is emotionally and mentally starved right now. You may have a bully in an adult body, but sounds like emotionally you have a puppy. So from this day onwards start from the very beginning and pretend you have a 12 week old baby. I think that will help you if you treat her that way. And it will give her the time she needs to now grow with you as her guide.

Well put :]

Now, what exactly is a puppy mill?

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Have you tried putting her poop outside where you want her to go? As well as soiled pads not new outside? The scent of previous times should trigger the "ok" to go. Wow not sure what I'd do first to be honest.

I haven't consistently done it, but I have brought her outside with it a couple times.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online