Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hi everyone,

Lola is crate trained, she's 10 months. only recently we felt like maybe she wasn't drinking enough water -she had the dry mouth after a long nap- and we decided to put a glass hamster water bottle in the crate and Lola loves it!

BUT the past two/three days, she's peed in the crate on all her blankets. at first i thought the water leaked. So with the added intake of water (sometimes the entire bottle) she has to pee more than we take her out (7am twice for pee/poo, 1:30 lunch, 5pm home from work, 8:30 pee/poo, sometimes 1 more before bed).

Does anyone supply water in the crate? should i just give her a tiny bit of water? i don't want her used to peeing in the crate, which she's never done before the new access to water in there.

thanks for advice..
boo for laundry.
April

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When I use to crate... there was no water for them. It real isn't necessary if you are giving her a mid-day out... she can get some water at lunch.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
i have the same hamster water bottle for Watson in his playpen and he doesn't have accidents in his playpen.

You might want to check her for urinary tract infection just to make sure.

Members online

No members online now.