Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Samson bit my Niece hard...

Quote Originally Posted by mbuxx View Post
    Mannn!!! Samson tries to attack the hell out of the vaccum cleaner when my wife vaccums!! I submitted him this time and he stayed on the floor and didn't move a muscle Untill I let him. She vaccumed in peace for the first time in months
    GREAT JOB.... stay consistent and he will be a sweet obedient boy soon enough. Keep in mind -- this has got to be a life style with him as it is with Banks -- once you let your guard down they will take that opportunity.

BTW -- Banks also attacks the vacuum cleaner --- I have to hold a trash bag (yes, she is afraid of them) in my hand and rustle it so she stays away.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

Lol, weird... I think it is my fault tho, I had an old broom I would hold in the air and let him hang on , it was a work out for Thr both of us... Untill he got too big and it broke... I was quik to realize it was a mistake when I went to sweep.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mbuxx View Post
    Lol, weird... I think it is my fault tho, I had an old broom I would hold in the air and let him hang on , it was a work out for Thr both of us... Untill he got too big and it broke... I was quik to realize it was a mistake when I went to sweep.
    LOL...amazing how they can turn anything into a toy or obsession
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Can I ask too, how the 2 yr old is with him? I have seen small children grab hair, pull tails, ears, etc, when no one else is watching - they're still babies and don't realize, but they can agitate a dog enough to make them snap I think. Sometimes 2 yr olds can be very loud, or suddenly scream or cry, or even shriek or laugh loudly, and freak out a dog who isn't used to it or is startled by it. A friend of mine had a little boy who grabbed at the their dog while it was eating, and the dog snapped at him. Her husband got rid of the dog and she was very upset, because she felt the dog had reason to do that, and the child wasn't hurt but her hsband wasn't having it. I honestly wouldn't be too worried about it, I'd just maybe limit time with the baby and the dog esp. if someone can't be right there should something happen quickly.

ETA Was your 6 yr old niece acting scared of the dog, or talking in a loud voice, approach him quickly, or doing anything your dog wasn't used to? I feel sadly she got bitten and the poor thing was very upset - I'm just trying to understand why your otherwise sweet dog would do something like that...
    Last edited by bulliemommi; 03-20-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

Honestly she never bothers with him... And I have come to realize it is a protection issue. Samson was always fine with everyone such a nice dog. When my wife became pregnant he got very protective of her. Since my wife has given birth to our son on Monday... Samson has got twice as aggressive. I don't know of aggressive or protective is the word to use. He doesn't let our other dog in the room with the baby and he doesnt let company around the baby either. I have to keep him on a leash and I am almost 100 percent certain if I didn't keep him on a leash he would seriously harm to anyone (excluding my wife or 4 year old) any company that comes over he is like this too accept for my close friends who were around when he was growing up( we also play poker every night in the garage and Sam is with us so he knows them well) he doesn't let anyone near the baby besides us. He always lays infront of us with the baby blocking anyone from coming near... I just don't know what to do anymore...

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to say congrats on the new baby! @mbuxx Sorry to hear you are still having troubles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads