Leaving alone, how old?

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
Elli is doing very well with all her training at 4 months and we started leaving her out of the crate when we are gone... For about 15 minutes. My boyfriend leave at 11:45 and I walk through the door at noon. She limited to the living room and kitchen and she sometimes sneaks into the bathroom to pee in the shower. she doesn't really use the crate anymore for anything unless she is pouting.

When did you start leaving your bully out when your gone?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think it depends on the dog and what's going on that day. There are occasions when I must leave and Bo is so fired up (and the walk did nothing to help this) that I will confine he and Bea to the kitchen/dining room area still. Not often - but it happens. Plus the other day, he started licking (OCD) grandma's new chair and there was a slobber spot the size of a medium pizza on the arm/side of it.

I think it's funny she pees in the shower. My cat will pee in the sink sometimes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: -- since my bullies are older this is trying the memory. Nitschke was under a year when we started giving him freedom. Banks... ugh, I really do not remember, but the B/F thinks she was about 18 months.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We let Jake be Freeeeee from crate at 7 months. We did it over a couple weeks time. Gradually increasing his time out until it was all day. Now..I must tell you, he has recently..at about a year in age...started having teenage rebellion! :cursing: he has chewed and swallowed towel binding..crate pads..a cat scratcher..:eek: and assorted colorful items that were not easily identified in his :poo:!!!! And this is all with assorted gates up to "keep him out of trouble". :bang: soooo, my advice is..be prepared for anything! Now on the bright side..he has NEVER peed in the shower! :ROFL:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We let Jake be Freeeeee from crate at 7 months. We did it over a couple weeks time. Gradually increasing his time out until it was all day. Now..I must tell you, he has recently..at about a year in age...started having teenage rebellion! :cursing: he has chewed and swallowed towel binding..crate pads..a cat scratcher..:eek: and assorted colorful items that were not easily identified in his :poo:!!!! And this is all with assorted gates up to "keep him out of trouble". :bang: soooo, my advice is..be prepared for anything! Now on the bright side..he has NEVER peed in the shower! :ROFL:
There's a first for everything!!! :biglaugh: Good thing you had that xpen around your Christmas tree or you guys would of had nothing to unwrap Christmas morning. :laugh: :laugh:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Haha Just kidding. Brooke has been out of her crate alone since like 3 or 4 months and was always good. Until now. Our sweet little girl has become a MONSTER DESTROYER. Haha her and Jake are the same age, so it really must be this teenager thing. She's back to the crate for now until she grows out of this terrible stage.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:ROFL: :ROFL: Soooo true Jeannie....and I lost about 1/2 of my ornaments thanks to that pesky kitten!
You should get a tree sized tomatoe wire cage and put that over your tree this year. It would keep Jake outta the tree and your cat can climb it and have fun while your ornaments are protected!! Just an :idea: :ROFL:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.