Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing tips

San Diego
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Thor & Odin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Playing tips

Thor was really aggressive when we got him (I mean launching himself at me from across the room type aggressive) and we weren't having that. We've gently used the pinning move a couple times, which he gives up to quickly, and the squirt bottle a few times. He really dislikes the squirt bottle so all we have to do now is point at the bottle and he calms right down. We can play tug of war and other games with him now with no issue and he no longer attacks legs and feet...the difference is night and day.
    Otherwise if it doesn't need to get to that point...sometimes just replacing your hand/foot/leg with a chew toy distracts them enough :p

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Playing tips

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieLolaandMojo View Post
    I would recommend no tug of war...Mine got really aggressive when Hubby did that..Took me a bit to convince him to stop but he did. I just give mine toys to play with..Toss a ball or something like that.. I also keep a spray bottle handy if it gets out of hand. Hope that helps.

Great advice.... you should also pin her down when she does something you deem inappropriate
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads