How do you stop your humping dog? A great article for those with thumpers in the house.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I found the article very interesting as you say. Of course now I am a little confused. Amy is a humper. I have since learned that she is likely a puppy mill baby. She does hump Liz when she lays down and stops playing. Makes perfect sense according to the article. My confusion is because Liz hates to be humped, but she has started humping Amy. Amy doesnt mind at all. Now I will have to observe if Liz is humping out of a desire to play or something else. I also think Liz is in heat.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Interesting!

Regardless, it's an unacceptable behavior and has to be disagreed with.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Calling [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]....... calling [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]..... calling [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]!!! LOL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], he STILL does it with my son's fixed dog Krillen!!!!!!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
That's super interesting. Thanks for sharing the article.... I'm going to try that, my little guy has recently felt the need to start this behavior...I'll let you all know if this dr's technique soothes my little "mr. humperdinck".

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I found that quite interesting, especially the part that he successfully controlled his dog's behavior by allowing him to chew on his fingers for 30 seconds. When Emma humped Jack both times, Jack was laying down and not engaged in play. Interesting.

"Mounting another dog from behind is a behavior often seen when dogs play with one another (see Bekoff and Byers 1981 and Fagen 1981). This happens most often when one dog is frustrated that he can't get another dog to play with him. In such cases, the first dog may start humping his potential play partner to instigate a round of "chase me."

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad you read it [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] , as I would think that a 9 week old is displaying that kind of dominance as faaaaar to young.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.