cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn eats tissues like it's cotton candy. It just seems to disappear very quickly in his mouth. The other day we were in my parking garage and he ran to a used piece of tissue lying on the ground, and before i could say "leave it", it was in his mouth and he swallowed it! yuk.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
LOL I don't understand why they want to eat it. It can't taste good. Silly dogs.

Well I don't think the laying him on his side and holding him down is working, he had a sock last night, and he got really really really mad at me, it's almost like it is making him more aggressive when he has something he shouldn't have. I just don't know what to do!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well my next move with Miila was going to be to call a behaviorist out to help. Somebody said they spent $300 on theirs which is worth it I think if need be to save your baby from going too far. Might be worth thinking about anyhow? Wish I could help more. I know how it feels to not know what to do, I am sorry.

I dont get the tissue either. Cutty would love to eat them fresh out of the box if I let him but of course the used ones are the best I think. yuck!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Have you tried taking his food off him, and also toys off him when he is playing nicely?? You can't start this type of training when they are being bad. It has to start now and be a continuous effort so that he never does get to a heightened state where he is angry at you wanting to take something away from him.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
I can take his food from him no problem, but he doesn't let his toys go. Very rarely will he let them go even when he is just playing and not getting mad. I can tell because there is a big difference between his playing growl and his mad growl. I am going to try everything possible to try and get this under control because I can not take the chance of this getting worse and have him attack one of us when we try to get something from him. That would kill me!!! He is my sweet baby boy who sleeps with me every night. In fact he sleeps on my head! LOL

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
IMAG0408.jpgSee. LOL

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I dont know if this is true or not but i have reqd somewhere that you should never let the dog sleep on top of you. Even just his head. Makes them think they are dominant over you. This was hard for me as macy was so cuddly and laid on me the exact same way. But now i dont even allow her to sleep with me. Mainly because she peed in my bed twice. Yuck! Lol

Kelly aka Macy's Momma

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I dont know if this is true or not but i have reqd somewhere that you should never let the dog sleep on top of you. Even just his head. Makes them think they are dominant over you. This was hard for me as macy was so cuddly and laid on me the exact same way. But now i dont even allow her to sleep with me. Mainly because she peed in my bed twice. Yuck! Lol

All correct, if the dog has dominance level which is what you have if she pee'd in YOUR bed. That is her telling you -- I own this spot and you. Banks is like this, we allow her in our bed, but she has to stay on the lower end of the bed, which works fine as she is not a cuddler. She has NEVER pee'd in our bed... every other spot in the house thanks to UTI's but never the bed.

When you have a non-dominate - it does not matter and they respect you as the alpha.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.