Potty Training

sbraggia7

Dec 29, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Cyrus
My almost 4 month old pup, pees in his crate like he doesn't understand that he's supposed to hold it. I take him out plenty of times throughout the day, and at night he pees in his crate without even alarming us. What do I do? He needs to get trained.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rule of thumb --- pups can only hold their bladder for one hour more than they are old. So, Cyrus is 4 months - he can only hold it for 5 hours, meaning, you need to take him out at some point during the night

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
I am very new to all of this but I think the rule only works for when they sleep. Our 4 month old can hold it through the night but during the day he is only good for about 2 hours. Just my .02

choppmoney

Feb 15, 2011
Algonac, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
pelee's union "jack" daniels
Had mine totally potty trained in eleven weeks except the crate which he kept peeing overnight, then we took his blankets out so he lays just on the rubber mat in the crate at night and he stopped almost instantly.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Did you know that when you google "Puppy Housebreaking Problems" you get a half a million hits in .21 seconds? No kidding.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
thats bulldogs for you mine is 18 months and will still at times pee in the night lol,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.