Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member needs help with his bully!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New member needs help with his bully!

Welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!!

@Davidh gave you get advice -- follow it, be consistent and do not hesitate in your corrections, they are the keys to training.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Great video, he is such a cutie, very beautiful, just love that face.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

@Sabrina he's a awesome little fella. Congratulations and welcome to EBN. Between the 6-12 month old will be challenging. Stay steady, give him lots of love, enjoy him and most of all be calm and assertive. Just like Cesar say's . He also says, you should eat before the pack. You should go through the door way first. These are very good rules a lot of people don't do, but it does express that you are leader.
    If you follow Cesar's way, exercise comes first. Since bully's can wear out quickly, this should be easy. Carry water with you when you take walks. A plastic lemon in the warm weather for cutting phlegm in case of choking. There is all you should need to know about caring for your new puppy linked to the home page. I'll be looking forward to seeing lots of you and Boris. By the way, the video is so cute.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

As always, fantastic advice here. EBN members rule!

I might also suggest the "Nothing in Life is Free" program - it will be much harder on you than the dog, I can assure you. Those puppy faces can really manipulate their human care-givers....but if you feel you are already having dominance issues, you might consider this. I can tell you that it's worked to rehabilitate many ill-gotten behaviors. Here's just one link to MANY articles on the topic: http://k9deb.com/nilif.htm

I also am a big fan of Cesar Millan.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Boris
    Likes (Received)

Hi there! I told you that I was going to keep you posted and I didn't forget!
    Let me tell you that I'm very very happy because Boris has made great progress!
    I've been taking him to the park every morning for about 45 mins everyday and trying to introduce him to other dogs. At first, he was a little bit reluctant and used to growl to different types of dogs (I couldn't detect any pattern, except for larger dogs, which he didn't like). Although he doesn't feel comfortable with every larger dog that we find, he gets along with most of them and if he gets off to a bad start, I wait until he calms down and try again. He usually takes some time to relax and then everything is fine. He doesn't have any problem with small dogs and he loves poodles!
    Last Monday was our first experience with him off-leash and surrounded by 4 larger dogs!! He did it very well! I'm so proud!
    Thank you all for your advice and for those of you who have the same problem, keep trying. I'm sure that Boris will get even better!

Sabrina

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Your story reminds me of something that happened yesterday at the off leash area.

Rarely, there are two huge Rotties on the other side of the fence at the house next door to the off leash area. All four dogs were calmly sniffing each other's noses thru the cracks in the fence UNTIL the moment that Bea got all territorial. INSTANTLY the mood changed. I grabbed Bea and shooed her away from the fence (removing her negative energy from the interaction) and the Rotties and Bo went back to sniffing calmly. Mhmmm. Just like Cesar says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads