Bored bulldog while at work!!! Help!

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
Okay my rocky has been upgraded from staying in his crate while my fiancé and I are away at work....he now stays in kitchen and bathroom which I gate off...

I'm only gone about 4 hours a day...perks of being a dog walker...:)

But I feel bad because rocks is bored all day...I leave him with my other munchkin daisy (Pom/chi) and he always gets into something I have to spend 30 mins before work making sure nothing is left out for him to chew...I'm afraid If I leave him his deer antler or a chew toy that he will swallow it and chock...he doesn't know when to stop...he chews and eats EVERYTHING....

When he was crated I left him a blanket and bed in with him so he would e comfy n he chewed/ate half of the cover...

Anyone have any suggestions...safe toys or chews...? I feel bad leaving with now toys or anything to entertain him...:-/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324334043.971811.jpg
My babies....:)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Cream cheese in an extra large kong!

I think his destruction is more out of being mad that you are leaving him, bully's tend to be that way. So a big kong should keep him occupied for half the time, the rest of the time he will snooze :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..my Jake has been a very bad bully lately. I'm gone about 6 hours. He has been out of the crate since he was 6 months old. We NEVER had an issue. He is now just a year and in the past 3 weeks,he has chewed on the towels I leave to protect my sofa..from him..and he actually swallowed the binding. He threw it up over a period of 2 days..always at 2:30 am! :eek: I removed the towels and he chewed up a throw pillow and a hoodie of mine I left lying in a chair! :cursing: he has lots of toys down...my floor is covered with them,but apparently, that's not what he wants! I walk him every morning before I leave and he isn't alone! He has another dog and 2 cats here! Soooo..he is going back in the crate. I,like you spend so much time picking up things he will "possibly" destroy! :bang: I feel your pain! If you figure it out..SHARE! Puleeeeeeeeze!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would get him a big Kong or Nylabone or both, to chew on and if he still chews things up he shouldn't then I would crate him. We crate ours when we are at work.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My suggestion was going to be another bully!!!!!!:tease: But it looks like the others here have better ideas. Good luck

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Frozen marrow bone.... hours of chewing, licking an gnawing to take place

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
Omg thank you for all your suggestions...maybe I will try and walk him before I leave for work also...and leave him with a nice Giant bone so he will not choke...makes me nervous tho...:)

I think rocky n jake are long lost brothers...that's exactly y I leave him in kitchen and bathroom I'm afraid he will chew/eat sheets I leave on couch and he loves to eat ornaments on my christmas tree...he chewed ornaments that my fiancés grandmother who passed away made....my bf wanted to KILL him....:-/

When I come home from work sometimes my poor munchkin's hair is all wet because they were play fighting all day....:) crazy animals!

I really don't want to have to put him back in Crate because I can't leave any cushion/bed for him because he will eat/chew....
He's bananas.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324352979.179785.jpg
Baby angels....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Omg thank you for all your suggestions...maybe I will try and walk him before I leave for work also...and leave him with a nice Giant bone so he will not choke...makes me nervous tho...:)

I think rocky n jake are long lost brothers...that's exactly y I leave him in kitchen and bathroom I'm afraid he will chew/eat sheets I leave on couch and he loves to eat ornaments on my christmas tree...he chewed ornaments that my fiancés grandmother who passed away made....my bf wanted to KILL him....:-/

When I come home from work sometimes my poor munchkin's hair is all wet because they were play fighting all day....:) crazy animals!

I really don't want to have to put him back in Crate because I can't leave any cushion/bed for him because he will eat/chew....
He's bananas.....

View attachment 14922
Baby angels....

But he is VERY...VERY HANDSOME!! :luv:

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Frozen marrow bone.... hours of chewing, licking an gnawing to take place

I worry about Wally getting bored too. What's exactly is a frozen marrow bone? I've heard of them but don't know what they are exactly. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I worry about Wally getting bored too. What's exactly is a frozen marrow bone? I've heard of them but don't know what they are exactly. Thanks!

It is the shin bone from a cow.... I get them at the local Giant food store and have them cut into 3 or 4 inches pieces. They may be called 'soup bones'. These were great when Banks was teething as the cold helped her gums

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Peppers Boredom Buster is a section of hollow cow leg bone about 6 inches long. The marrow is removed and I just pack it with peanut butter, a few mini marshmallows,or busted up milkbones or pieces of dry fruit inbedded in the peanut butter . I make a few up then put them in the freezer til they are froze solid. If I am going to be away for a while I leave her one on my way out. She goes to town on them bones and will lay there licking away for a bit then come back later and have another go at it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
As yet I haven't had this problem ... as soon as we leave the house they immediately fall asleep. Daddy is still caged and will be for the foreseeable future but thats only because he STILL sometimes pees on his bedding :shout:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.