Need help from our training experts please!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Great thread! I've nothing to add except, "FOLLOW THROUGH" is the most important part of any ritual.

Patience is the key.

Keep up the good work [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION] here is some background info real quick. Cutty is 6 and I have had him since he was 9 months old. We got Mugsy, the pug before Cutty turned 1, so they have been together forever. We just added Miila about 4 months ago or so. She is over a year now. Really she is still very new here. We got her spayed,cherry eye and soft pallet fixed over a month ago now. She had scratched her eye somehow and had to wear the cone for a couple weeks longer. No idea if that has any effect on her. As young as she is I am hopeful that she will learn but who knows?

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board using Tapatalk

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok... update again.... Since the big bite on Cutty all has been ok here. I am still not comfortable with Miila having full access to the kitchen when the kids eat etc and she knows this so she will either sit in her spot on the rug or in the garage or lately I have noticed her going outside and sunbathing while they eat. Like she just knows she isnt allowed to be a a part of the kitchen. So that is good. We had Xmas here and it had me anxious with Miila being so unpredictable BUT I have to say she was the best behaved of all the pups cuz of all the time I have put into her. She just sat/stayed where I told her most the day and watched the craziness. I was so proud! Anyhow, I think Cutty is not as mad anymore, he is almost tempted to play with her when she tries so that is good. Lets hope that we can keep it in this mode rather than the attack mode.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am still not comfortable with Miila having full access to the kitchen when the kids eat etc and she knows this so she will either sit in her spot on the rug or in the garage or lately I have noticed her going outside and sunbathing while they eat. Like she just knows she isnt allowed to be a a part of the kitchen. So that is good. She just sat/stayed where I told her most the day and watched the craziness. I was so proud!

What great news.... she is getting the message that you will not accept that behavior. STAY on her -- their may be a set back here or there, but consistency and routine will win out!

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] how is Miila doing?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3904]Poppy[/MENTION] thanks for asking.she is doing so great 99% of the time she is dang near perfect. Have had many set backs that made me re think what all I was doing.started putting miila in front of Mugsy for cookies since I felt like I was confusing their pecking order.now I feed them all at the same time since she has settled. I still do try to keep her out of the kitchen do food doesn't trigger her and mostly I think she knows the rules......mostly.lol thanks to all the great advice I got here, I learned SO much.love ebn;)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Just thought I would update since this thread taught and saved me a lot of grief. Thank you [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] for all your help. Now Miila is really fitting in. Has been about 6 months since we got her and we have had many rough patches. I was dumb enough to put my hand in between Miila and Cutty and got bit with her sharp puppy teeth twice. BUT both times were my fault for not thinking and just putting my hand in the middle, as if they are looking at what they are doing when they fight. Anyhow, now the pups all cuddle together from time to time. Cutty and Miila have this relationship I think. They still get pissy and I still try and keep her from getting under the table at dinner time. Food being dropped 99% of the time is no longer a trigger but still can be so I watch carefully. Mugsy and Miila play now, they never played before. I have moved her up in the feeding now since she was obviously not behind Mugsy in the pack. So now they all eat together at the same time, but they all sit/stay before eating and she does a couple tricks before they all can eat. Snacks she gets before Mugsy now and I think that has helped with them. Anyhow I really got to the point of thinking she maybe wouldnt be a good fit here even tho I :heart: her beyond words. I am so glad to have hung in there and taught her and myself a lot in the meantime. Could not have done it without the help of EBN> SO thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@cali-jenn SO happy that the pack is getting in order! great job! Now the harder part -- staying consistent. :D

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad all is going well! Hope everything continues to go well

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.