HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
She emailed back and said that she is booked until mid jan and its about 250 and she wants full blood work done. Im gonna try and call her tonight.

But guess who else bit someone last night... Yepp her other dog (a kid jumped on him) and had to be put in quaratine.

Our morning was okay he went out went potty and drank water... So now i dont feel as bad.

Oh and a friend of mine at work was talking to her daughter about him and she knew who the dog is and said he is nutz and they were giving him zolof or something like that... But advised to get rid of him that he has always been off his rocker....

Perplexed with new info....

Heather w/Tapatalk app

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmm ... well I think you should get him neutered. I also don't like the sound of his last owner, and believe that he is worth a chance. He needs to be taught how to act by you now. Good luck ... and contact your local bulldog rescue to find out if they have anybody they work with on behaviour and training. Maybe they can fit you in sooner than mid-January if you don't think you can wait that long.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Google "Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist"

We had a dog before P with severe guarding issues. We had great success with this type of therapist. She was fabulous.

Good Luck!!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I wish you much luck and patience and bless you for giving the poor baby another chance! I wouldn't put too much stock in your co-worker's daughter, though. Young people tend to be extra judgmental. My own son (25) is afraid of gentle Liz. It does sound like he is trying to find his place in your home and hasn't ever had any discipline or restrictions, for that matter. He is still a baby, after all.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Just wanted everyone to know its been a long week... But once we had the meltdown I let my B/F read some post and i stressed to him how we have to be on same page. Things have gone well and he is settling in and finding his place here.

ill post more later i just got done grooming a dog and i have to work on my day off..

I cant wait to post a new video.

Heather w/Tapatalk app

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wanted everyone to know its been a long week... But once we had the meltdown I let my B/F read some post and i stressed to him how we have to be on same page. Things have gone well and he is settling in and finding his place here. ill post more later i just got done grooming a dog and i have to work on my day off.. I cant wait to post a new video. Heather w/Tapatalk app

Sorry it has been so stressful for you.... now that the b/f is 'getting it' I should get a lot easier. Best of luck.... you have my curiosity about the video you are going to post.

Merry Christmas

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Might help, I fostered a 75 pound bulldog that had been left in a back yard with scabies for a year. Swollen paws no hair etc. Obviously by this time he wasn't much into people. After a few days of growls, bit the kid etc. I had to roll him over, hold my hands on his armpits (carefully but in his case forcefully) and growl at his neck with my teeth lightly holding the skin to get him to submit (rolled his head to the side) after that he would let me touch his paws and do the other things that needed to be done. Sounds mean, but it actually helped him greatly. He quickly learned how to lounge on the couch, eat treats without fingers (at first he thought fingers were the wonton wrappers around the filling) etc. We only fostered him about 2-1/2 weeks and he was already becoming a loving, well behaved bulldog. You probably won't have to growl or anything like that but, rolling him over and gently holding his armpits one or two times a day, until he rolls his head to the side, will help him learn his place in the pack, feel more secure and make him a much happier dog.
This is something my vet taught me. If you are not sure how to do this do a quick search on the web or let me know and I will try to give a more complete explanation.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Might help, I fostered a 75 pound bulldog that had been left in a back yard with scabies for a year. Swollen paws no hair etc. Obviously by this time he wasn't much into people. After a few days of growls, bit the kid etc. I had to roll him over, hold my hands on his armpits (carefully but in his case forcefully) and growl at his neck with my teeth lightly holding the skin to get him to submit (rolled his head to the side) after that he would let me touch his paws and do the other things that needed to be done. Sounds mean, but it actually helped him greatly. He quickly learned how to lounge on the couch, eat treats without fingers (at first he thought fingers were the wonton wrappers around the filling) etc. We only fostered him about 2-1/2 weeks and he was already becoming a loving, well behaved bulldog. You probably won't have to growl or anything like that but, rolling him over and gently holding his armpits one or two times a day, until he rolls his head to the side, will help him learn his place in the pack, feel more secure and make him a much happier dog.
This is something my vet taught me. If you are not sure how to do this do a quick search on the web or let me know and I will try to give a more complete explanation.

Thank you.. He is getting better and everyone is so over the tude and freak outs...

Heather w/Tapatalk app

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
btw if anyone wants to see a picture of the 75 pound bulldog (Tank) I have a picture of him on my website www.gobronco.com click on pooches. There are also pictures of Tyler who is no longer with us.

Bully4U

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Georgie and Lulu
Sounds like his behavior is the result of his previous environment. People don't own Bullies - Bullies own them and require their undivided attention. If he was running around the garage at night, he probably learned to respond by peeing where and when ever and generally being aggressive from lack of human attention. I agree - classes would probably be your best bet. Keep up with the crating on potty training - it works. Hang in there!

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Seams as nothing is working with this dog. We've tried so meny differant approches with him. He just will not crack the good side open... Well let me rephrase this he dose show his puppy side ya know happy go lucky.... The he turns into the son of satan and the thing is hes not feeding off anyone in the house his flip outs just dont phase me anymore its like yea whatever ur doing what i want when i want...

But there is very little more steps forward with him I cant break through. Doest wanna be a part of the pack (after 10 mins of ohhh im happy u guys are home) even though I know they get along...

Its making me sick worring about him... :sad:

Heather w/Tapatalk app

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh..I've been wondering and soo hoping for better news. You know..there are crazy dogs..just like crazy people. That's not saying he can't find his place and be a part of your family, but he might NEVER be what you want. My daughter has a dog they got through a rescue. He has been with them since he was 6 months old. to this day,they can't touch him like a normal dog. :eek: he acts feral and is just crazy. He isn't mean but is only attached to their other old pit mix. They have to corner him and takes 3 adults to put flea stuff on him! And a trip to the vets is horrendous! They hired a dog behaviorist. She said they need to return him to the rescue because he will be dangerous. Phooey! He doesn't have a mean bone in his body...but scrambled eggs for brains. The rescue said they would take him back...but they've decided he's weird but he's theirs. I know this is nothing like what you are dealing with but I just wanted you to hear about damaged dogs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I too would be interested to find out when your appointment with the behaviourist is ... you may have done all you can now without getting outside help. Sometimes it's very difficult to see obvious things because we are too involved in the situation, and I do believe that some "outside" eyes might be able to see things that you may not notice!!!

Most Reactions