HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Is there a way to post video?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is there a way to post video? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Has to be on Youtube.... there is a page with instructions somewhere her on the site

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Has to be on Youtube.... there is a page with instructions somewhere her on the site

Ahhh never works for me. He had managed to turn his crate almost 360. Cuz hes pissed.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ahhh never works for me. He had managed to turn his crate almost 360. Cuz hes pissed.

OMG.... you did not let him out, right? That will make him think it is OK to do that

vaill

Nov 16, 2011
I know its not really funny but I could just see him pulling the air compressor around the garage.. I think Presley would have done something like that in that situation. I hope things get smoother for you, you have lots of experience to help you.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG.... you did not let him out, right? That will make him think it is OK to do that

Nope still in there.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uh Oh..... any sign of a 'play bow' before he went after the trash can?

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uh Oh..... any sign of a 'play bow' before he went after the trash can?

Is that a dominace thing...

Im so at a loss!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is that a dominace thing... Im so at a loss! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

No, not at all.... it is just the opposite. If he is play-bowing before, then he is asking/inviting play. There are videos on Youtube

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, not at all.... it is just the opposite. If he is play-bowing before, then he is asking/inviting play. There are videos on Youtube

But what about the growling/biting/anger?

Is it all a show or just puppy not having boundries?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You definitely have your hands full. He does have some issues that are going to take awhile to fix. When he is like that has your B/F tried to sharply tap him on the side of his neck or body? Do you think he would try to bite him? I would also tell him "NO" when he is doing that. I know what I would do with that behavior, but if done wrong it could make things worse of get you bite , so I will not go into it. The leash thing, start slow, let him get used to it, smell it before trying to put it on. After he gets used to it a little then. I would start with on like the vets have that slips over their head. Take a treat and put it in front of the leash opening and see if he will put his head through to get the treat. Do that a few time before tightening it up. If he freaks out just turn loss of the leash but keep it on him and let him wear it until he calms down, then take it off and try again. Plenty of treats and praise when he does good. Be patient, they are stubborn but we can be also. haha If nothing works he may have a medical condition causing this, but since he is only 1 1/2 I don't think that is the problem. He has just gone too long doing what he wants. Be patient and persistent, and he will eventually get it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
But what about the growling/biting/anger? Is it all a show or just puppy not having boundries?

It could be a little of both... Banks when playing is very vocal, growling, barking.... but Nitschke wasn't. Also, are you nervous at all? If you are, he is feeding off of it... you have to let him know you are the alpha so he finds his place in the pack. It might be good to find a trainer that will come to the house and evaluate him so you are getting the right information

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We just had the best 15 min ever!!!

He came out of crate perfect went and drank water from my bowl for the first time {he ate his food this morning as he growled at the bowl} then I opened the door and was talking to all the dogs about going outside and playing... O_O he walked outside all on his own... Went stright off porch.to go potty and then came back to watch us play. I kept including him in the good boys.with.rubs and praise..

Then we came in played.somemore on kitchen.floor bebe loves his.crate.and he.didnt get mad she was in it. Get this HE.ROLLED ON HIS BACK.SO I COULD TUMMY RUB/SCRATCH HIM!!!!!

We played.a.little more i wraped my arms around him. . Yep he didnt like it... But I praised rubed and kissd him and let.go once he stopped. He was all good mood kinda playing with bebe and then i opened his cage and he.walked right in..

Its been over 30 mins.hes getting vocal on his crate right now but i dont think i need to go get him.... Routine is whats important...

1small WIN!!!

Most Reactions