HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Oh my goodness!!! I took in a new bully male about a year and he has some issues...

Hates anything around neck... Gets simi aggeessive

Hates being picked up.

Ohhh and pees on everything.

Gets along with all my dogs so far..

Ill give more info when i get back in a few

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Needs time to settle in.... keep us posted.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
He is sweet but he did these things there and she wanted me to know how he was....

I think he just needs time and routine....

Look at that cute face.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324001784511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324001784511.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 187
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324001815739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324001815739.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 205
OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I sure am spolied with how much a lady bebe was/is when i found her.

I know he likes me but he dosent like me either. I call him out on his tude and im not sure if i should or not?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a good looking boy, but I can tell by his face, and tail, he has an attitude. First let him settle in and start working on him with his manners and letting him know he has rules and that you are the alpha. If he has peeing problems I would crate train him and this should help with the peeing problem. Every time he comes out of his crate he goes straight outside to pee. This will take time but well worth the effort in the long run.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww what a sweetie...give him time and have patience....it will be worth it I'm sure.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Great advice from David. Whenever we have rescued an animal..there have ALWAYS been those fleeting moments of "good grief, what have We done"...and each one took time to settle in and find their "self". You actually have a great advantage over what we had. Ours were straight off the streets and we had zero history. No names,no idea of age and no real feel for the life they had led. Yet, each of these critters turned out to be the most wonderful addition to our family. You want to try a tough nut..try a appx 2 year old rottweiler who turned out to be pregnant, hated cats, and had been living on the streets for a long time. We had to keep her on a leash in the house for weeks in order to save our cats, not to mention the other 2 dogs we had. Yet,she became the love of my life and I treasure the time we had. My vet gave me great advice. She said..you will know the true character of these rescues when they start to let down their guard. They will revert to puppyhood and behave like bad puppies. But when this happens, you know they have opened their heart and brought you in. Then they learn all over again what YOU expect of them. Give him time..I hope he is as wonderful as ours all were.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is a good looking boy, but I can tell by his face, and tail, he has an attitude. First let him settle in and start working on him with his manners and letting him know he has rules and that you are the alpha. If he has peeing problems I would crate train him and this should help with the peeing problem. Every time he comes out of his crate he goes straight outside to pee. This will take time but well worth the effort in the long run.

One BIG thing is he dosent know the word outside... Ummm and HATES the leash i mean GOWLEZ and starts flipping around.

Yes tude is what he has... But hes a love bug though and loves my boyfriend...

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great advice from David. Whenever we have rescued an animal..there have ALWAYS been those fleeting moments of "good grief, what have We done"...and each one took time to settle in and find their "self". You actually have a great advantage over what we had. Ours were straight off the streets and we had zero history. No names,no idea of age and no real feel for the life they had led. Yet, each of these critters turned out to be the most wonderful addition to our family. You want to try a tough nut..try a appx 2 year old rottweiler who turned out to be pregnant, hated cats, and had been living on the streets for a long time. We had to keep her on a leash in the house for weeks in order to save our cats, not to mention the other 2 dogs we had. Yet,she became the love of my life and I treasure the time we had. My vet gave me great advice. She said..you will know the true character of these rescues when they start to let down their guard. They will revert to puppyhood and behave like bad puppies. But when this happens, you know they have opened their heart and brought you in. Then they learn all over again what YOU expect of them. Give him time..I hope he is as wonderful as ours all were.

Your so right... I saw it with BeBe. I know where he came from they had him since he was 4 month but there bassette was ruff on him. I think he bullied his way out of things too and so far i just will not deal with the growling and crazy acting dog. Oh and i got a crate today too so yes he is sleeping in it...

I think im gonna go love on a bullie(s)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
As far as collars go, I had a foster that I couldnt put one on. So I got her a harness and let her drag the leash around in the house. It took awhile but eventually it worked.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ive got the harness on awhile ago went smooth but anytime u touch it he KRAZY dog comes out.

He has been in the crate for a few hours with only a few crazy episodes. So i decided id take him out for a pottt water break before bed... OMG he went more nutz and grabed my foot... He will go back in crate tonight... Oohhhh joy

Did i mention he had run of garage at night and would drag the huge air compressor....

Is this normalish?
I just want to know theres hope...

Thanks
Sad&Tired

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] gave you great advice... wish I had more words of wisdom for you, but I think you know all the basics and that is what will get you through this just make sure you remain consistent

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Please put him in doggie classes u both will learn a lot ,good luck .

Dont wanna sound rude but i have to say this
:rotflmao: the dog doesnt even walk on a leash collar/harness and when you do get it on him be prepared he freaks im talking growling. Biting jumping in the air. Then he stops for a min and all over again. Doesnt do car rides either. I need to get past his anger issues. Then I can do it. Ive had dogs since i was little. We raised and showed breed dogs and horses including worked for meny large kennels and ranches most of my life... Oh and have been grooming off and on for 18 yrs.

I need ceaser. .. LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.