Thread: ideas??

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default ideas??

me again! soo winston is 5 months old almost 6 months and we have had him for a little over 2 weeks. We are trying to housetrain him and he has been doing really well. He has stopped going in the house but once a week he will pee in his bed in his crate. He only does this at night and its not a nightly occurance as I said it only happens once or twice a week, every other night he sleeps soundly until its time to go out. Any ideas as to why he is doing this? and and ideas on how to stop it? i dont want this to become a habit for him. Thanks so much in advance!

Default Re: ideas??

We have the same problem with our 7 month old -- I called the breeder and he said he's seen this a lot in some of his females. His solution was to take the bedding out of the crate. That worked for us. Unfortunately we have two other bullies in the house and when beds go down on the floor she'll pee on them every now and then. I wish I had better advice.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

any advice helps! thanks so much!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

With our Bulldog that was cured by taking him to do his business once a night for about two weeks. After that there's been no problems to get a full night sleep and no surprises in the morning. I think his bladder control doubled after that. Maybe he wants to get his sleep in the night too...

Remove Ads