Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When your bully bites YOU

I've never had this issue with any of my dogs (I've had boxers and bulldogs for the last 30 years), but my son's boxer once bit me while he was asleep on the couch and I started loving on him. Now I could do this and have done it to all of my dogs all the time. But there's something about Henry...he woke up with a wild look in his eyes and I saw the bite coming, just couldn't get away in time. Have a scar on my face from it. This is the sweetest dog in the world and he loves me dearly. I can do anything to him at all when he's awake. I just wonder if you just have to let some sleeping dogs lie? He also did the same exact thing to his mom--same circumstance too.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When your bully bites YOU

[QUOTE=Donnam;552947]I've never had this issue with any of my dogs (I've had boxers and bulldogs for the last 30 years), but my son's boxer once bit me while he was asleep on the couch and I started loving on him. Now I could do this and have done it to all of my dogs all the time. But there's something about Henry...he woke up with a wild look in his eyes and I saw the bite coming, just couldn't get away in time. Have a scar on my face from it. This is the sweetest dog in the world and he loves me dearly. I can do anything to him at all when he's awake. I just wonder if you just have to let some sleeping dogs lie? He also did the same exact thing to his mom--same circumstance too.[/

Forgot to say that all the other advice you got was excellent--I was just adding my 2 cents worth--thinking out loud really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads